Saddlebag locked and will not open

MtlSteve

.040 Over
Ride
2014 R3T
Anyone ever have an issue where the lock cylinder turns, in the locked position you can push the cylinder in but of course it does nothing, but unlocked you cannot even press the cylinder to unhook the clasps? It is "locked shut" and I cannot access it to even try to diagnose what the issue is. Worked fine just before it worked fine, pit all the registration papers inside, now I cannot access them, thus cannot get to the license bureau to register the bike. Please help!!! Not a good start to my experience with my R3T

Anyone ever have an issue where the lock cylinder turns, in the locked position you can push the cylinder in but of course it does nothing, but unlocked you cannot even press the cylinder to unhook the clasps? It is "locked shut" and I cannot access it to even try to diagnose what the issue is. Worked fine just before it worked fine, pit all the registration papers inside, now I cannot access them, thus cannot get to the license bureau to register the bike. Please help!!! Not a good start to my experience with my R3T
When the panniers are on the bike, you will find the lock works easy if you lift the bag as you turn the key...just take the weight off the lock mechanism..

When the panniers are on the bike, you will find the lock works easy if you lift the bag as you turn the key...just take the weight off the lock mechanism..
It was not that easy. The alignment was way off and one of the latches missed it's mark and caused the lid to be cockeyed. I did get it open finally and the rear catch was off by 3mm. I realigned it and now works perfectly. The way I got it open was with a socket and wrench where the socket was large enough to sit on the outer part of the lock tumbler and I pushed it down as hard as I could as a mate was lifting on the lid. Now it closes easily on its own with hardly any effort. And openeing is the same, easy push on the tumbler and she pops right open.

It was not that easy. The alignment was way off and one of the latches missed it's mark and caused the lid to be cockeyed. I did get it open finally and the rear catch was off by 3mm. I realigned it and now works perfectly. The way I got it open was with a socket and wrench where the socket was large enough to sit on the outer part of the lock tumbler and I pushed it down as hard as I could as a mate was lifting on the lid. Now it closes easily on its own with hardly any effort. And openeing is the same, easy push on the tumbler and she pops right open.
...bit of brute force often shows it whose boss!..lol...you'll be a happy chappy now!

When I had this problem and took the weight off the locs to open. I found all the fastner were loose on the locking mechanism. Alined the locks, Tightened the fastner and no more problems

Back