After market Rotors? Front Brake pulsing...

I know for sure Brembo made discs for the Roadster so I looked for discs for Touring. They do not make discs for Touring. I'd be careful buying anything else that is not a reliable name brand. A member bought a rear disc for his bike and it rusts up really bad.

I used to turn discs and drums when I worked in tire shop long time ago. I would have the discs turned before I bought anything.

I know for sure Brembo made discs for the Roadster so I looked for discs for Touring. They do not make discs for Touring. I'd be careful buying anything else that is not a reliable name brand. A member bought a rear disc for his bike and it rusts up really bad.

I used to turn discs and drums when I worked in tire shop long time ago. I would have the discs turned before I bought anything.

That "member" (no jokes please;)) was me. The one I bought was an EBC for the rear. Made of steel, not stainless. If you get anything aftermarket make sure it's stainless or it Will rust !

off subject:)
i wonder just for a check. if the abs has a fuse that u could pull for a road check to check abs. it would set a code.:(

Hmm, I suspect it's a mistake, but interestingly EBC rotors, if I punch in 2010, says does not fit touring, but if I change to 2013, says it does fit. I'm not aware of any changes to the Touring like that, so IDK.

The disc has to float. Sometimes the disc holders between the disc and the part that fastens to the axle become frozen/stuck. Clean, lube and make sure they are free to move. Put a bolt through them with nuts on both sides. Tighten the nuts and rotate the disc holders free. New pads are so cheap and easy to insert that it's just worth the try before you go sink $$$$ in rotors.

Galfer make a nice wavy rotor for the R3 but most decent aftermarket ain't much cheaper than oem . Galfer are pretty tho and good quality ! :thumbsup:

I'm new to the R3. I've a '13 touring ABS model I recently purchased w/about 8,000 miles on her. While braking the front pulses badly. I think it is heat spots on the rotors. OEM rotors are about $600 a set. I'm not cool w/$600 every 8K miles.

Anyone suggest aftermarket rotors for the bike? I'm leaning towards floating EBC brakes.
look up this website these are premium rotors and binders.www.beringer-brakes.com/en/

Back