After market Rotors? Front Brake pulsing...

AF_Hans

Standard Bore
Ride
'13 Rocket III Touring
I'm new to the R3. I've a '13 touring ABS model I recently purchased w/about 8,000 miles on her. While braking the front pulses badly. I think it is heat spots on the rotors. OEM rotors are about $600 a set. I'm not cool w/$600 every 8K miles.

Anyone suggest aftermarket rotors for the bike? I'm leaning towards floating EBC brakes.

Always pulsing... I've gently applied the brakes, heavy squeeze, used them cold, used them warm. Always pulsing, not ABS. Thank you for asking.

I have not herd of rotor problems with the rockets but if you panic stop and don't release the brakes once stopped it traps the heat and can warp the rotors.
I would take the rotors off and have brake shop check them. They may be able to cut them if they are not to far off.

Seems odd, 30,00 miles, lots of hard riding and heavy braking, no issues on my 2010. Could be the ABS acting up, I suppose...

So we are off the subject of my question... What are aftermarket options for front rotors?

EBC would be my choice, give a bit of an self introduction, what the others are trying to say is it is very unusal for a Rocket to brake disc issues, my guess is the former owner mistreated them, before replaceing your discks try changing to soime EBC HH pads you may just have a pad issue

EBC doesn't make one for the Touring, I sent back the one they sent, fits a regular R3. That was a couple years ago, though.

Back