I am probably wrong, but after looking at the list of items that are performed at the 50,000 mile service, I would think $1,000 total is not out of line -- if the technician is actually doing everything.

So how does the maintenance schedule work for the 50k? Triumph shows the 10, 20, 30 and 40. So what would the 50 entail?

The 30 and the 40 were big ones...fuel filter and valves. So what would cost so much on the 50?

50,000 lists check engine for leaks, change oil & filter, check/adjust valve clearance, engine ECM check for stored DTCs, check spark plugs, balance throttle bodies, check coolant system for leaks, check/adjust headstock bearings, check brakes for wear/leaks, check wheels, tires, fasteners and final drive.

Now that I type it all out, I see it is probably not worth $1,000.

BTW, in my service manual, valve lash check is at 10,000, 30,000 and 50,000. So if you had that done at 40,000, we can do the other stuff at my house if you spring for the materials.

50,000 lists check engine for leaks, change oil & filter, check/adjust valve clearance, engine ECM check for stored DTCs, check spark plugs, balance throttle bodies, check coolant system for leaks, check/adjust headstock bearings, check brakes for wear/leaks, check wheels, tires, fasteners and final drive.

Now that I type it all out, I see it is probably not worth $1,000.

BTW, in my service manual, valve lash check is at 10,000, 30,000 and 50,000. So if you had that done at 40,000, we can do the other stuff at my house if you spring for the materials.

That sounds great. I’m about 15 minutes away. Just sent you a PM.

We had one Triumph dealer left in the state of Indiana. Falcone in Indianapolis. They have a tech that has been working on Triumphs for 13 years and I really had a lot of confidence in him. They also sell Indians and BMWs. They sent out a letter in March stating they were dropping Triumph in May so no more dealers int the state. I may call and see if they will still service the bike. They are only an hour away.

If I want dealer service it is off to the Chicagoland area. Driving a car in Chicago is an experience I cannot imagine taking a bike up there.

Figured I will end up at Windy City Triumph in St. Charles. They are great people. That is where I bought the Rocket and I can avoid going through Chicago by cutting across down state, but that makes it a 4 hour ride. That means every service will also cost me an overnight stay. They are good people.

Other option would be buy or rent a trailer.

I do all my own maintenance on my America, but that is such a simple engine.

I have not torn into the Rocket yet. Once you get over the size it appears everything is just super sized so it does not seem it should be that overwhelming.

I bought the shop manual when I purchased the bike.

Sometimes I wonder what Triumph is thinking? They have a great line of bikes and no dealers in one of the largest markets in the world.
Triumph Dealers.JPG

I can only apologise for my countryman's short sightedness.:oops:

Sometimes local business decisions do not translate well to global/international business strategies.:banghead:

Lets hope Triumph wakes up and smells the coffee - to borrow a phrase.:whitstling:

We had one Triumph dealer left in the state of Indiana. Falcone in Indianapolis. They have a tech that has been working on Triumphs for 13 years and I really had a lot of confidence in him. They also sell Indians and BMWs. They sent out a letter in March stating they were dropping Triumph in May so no more dealers int the state. I may call and see if they will still service the bike. They are only an hour away.

If I want dealer service it is off to the Chicagoland area. Driving a car in Chicago is an experience I cannot imagine taking a bike up there.

Figured I will end up at Windy City Triumph in St. Charles. They are great people. That is where I bought the Rocket and I can avoid going through Chicago by cutting across down state, but that makes it a 4 hour ride. That means every service will also cost me an overnight stay. They are good people.

Other option would be buy or rent a trailer.

I do all my own maintenance on my America, but that is such a simple engine.

I have not torn into the Rocket yet. Once you get over the size it appears everything is just super sized so it does not seem it should be that overwhelming.

I bought the shop manual when I purchased the bike.

Sometimes I wonder what Triumph is thinking? They have a great line of bikes and no dealers in one of the largest markets in the world.
Triumph Dealers.JPG
You are right...once you get past the size, it really is a simple machine. And with the shop manual and all the assistance available on this forum, you really can do it all yourself, if you don't mind getting your hands a bit dirty. However, a package of nitrile mechanic's gloves will when take care of that concern.

If you want to develop a relationship with a dealer, I would recommend Hap's in Sarasota. From where you are located, it is really no farther than taking your bike to Tampa Triumph. Hap's has helped me out of a couple of pinches and they are nice people.

Welcome to the area. I work south of Ruskin (Old Sun City) and live up the road a piece in Riverview.
HAP are no longer Triumph dealers . Triumph are imposing some tight ‘ Triumph Experience ‘ conditions the dealers have to conform to. I think HAP didn’t want to conform.

Recently moved to Florida and my R3T is coming up on 50k Miles. It appears the maintenance schedule is pretty easy this go-round—not as intensive as the 40k.

I called the local Stealer (Tampa Triumph) to see what it would cost (basically an oil change and checks on everything else—no valve adjustments, etc.). I was frustrated to hear that he wasn’t sure. He’d have to take a look and see what’s needed.

“No,” I told him. “I know what’s needed, per the manual.” Still, he couldn’t (or wouldn’t) give me a quote...not even a rough estimate. So I’ll either look at other places or do it myself. Grrrrrrrrr!!!

Anyone care to comment on their 50k mile service experiences or suggestions?

Very surprised to hear this. Recently I do know there has been some new staff taken on. One of those is the ‘parts guy’ who also books the services. Not acceptable I know but maybe he needed to look up that specific service and the cost of it. Just a guess. Matt is the Tech at Tampa Triumph and I will speak from experience and tell you he is excellent! Nothing is too much trouble for him and he is always available to discuss you bike and your requirements whenever. I wouldn’t trust mine to anyone else. I drive from Sarasota past HAP and the other dealer on the way POWERSPORTS to go to Tampa Triumph simply because of Matt’s care and attention he applies. So sorry to hear your first interaction was a poor one but I would highly recommend Matt the tech. Just an FYI...

Back