A

LSO

No sir those are the standard security break offs probably 5 mm small fellers like the ones on my damper only 6 less :) Also another note Top Mounted Radial dampers will not work on risers . Think about it they lift and pull the bars back off center line. The ones I shown on the standard the damper is mounter in between. not that a offset mount couldn't be made but you'll most likely have to shift the anchor post mounts.
Just a though as mu cup is not finished. :D
Tomorrow mornings coffee should bring even deeper revelations of a touring with a damper, I’ll be sure to shoot an idea your way to get your brain turning, menudo on the way!

So I have changed the fuel line and added the fire sleeve with the tape to the clamp, will this pass inspection for ecta? Does the vent line need fire sleeve rules don’t say, so I don’t really know.

Attachments

• F56B7B14-072C-473C-9296-7AE66ED9461E.jpeg
    F56B7B14-072C-473C-9296-7AE66ED9461E.jpeg
    181 KB · Views: 1
  • 737B7B87-C274-44F5-B209-96B4024919FB.jpeg
    737B7B87-C274-44F5-B209-96B4024919FB.jpeg
    144.6 KB · Views: 1
Would these tires pass inspection for ecta? I would have on bike for this run I would trailer in this scenario.

Attachments

• C8BA91CA-C9C0-4BEE-A7E9-350EAF0DF46B.png
    C8BA91CA-C9C0-4BEE-A7E9-350EAF0DF46B.png
    81.4 KB · Views: 2
Warp do you think I could make this work, I wouldn’t have to machine like you did,
Warp unless you think this is a bad idea, after brain storming over coffee, I’m gonna go ahead and order this and start fitting. Whatever machining needed I have several machine shops near me that can get it right. I understand it must be centered correctly as you discussed. Thanks man

Warp unless you think this is a bad idea, after brain storming over coffee, I’m gonna go ahead and order this and start fitting. Whatever machining needed I have several machine shops near me that can get it right. I understand it must be centered correctly as you discussed. Thanks man
It is really hard to say especially with the difference in bar risers to center-line of the triple tree.
see the two different center lines here. The center line of the stem nut is not in line with the handle bars. thus allowing what ever hangs below the center of the damper to be free and clear. that cent of the damper must remain over the triple tree cent nut.
center line 1.png

Now yours looks to be in line so imagine what has to be machined away to make clearance room? will it hit the actual bar? Not enough information or pictures to get a clear picture.
center line2.jpg

Remember that center adjusting dial must be on center with the top clamp center nut right under your bar.

I see what you are saying, when I get it in hand I will post pictures, and see what you say about proceeding to machine shop, or where to go from there, thank you

I'd look for a used one that way if it don't work out your out less. I still think you are rushing things a bit. It looks like a piston one would work well. I actually think the T has a chance at more variations then the standards.

I'd look for a used one that way if it don't work out your out less. I still think you are rushing things a bit. It looks like a piston one would work well. I actually think the T has a chance at more variations then the standards.
Copy that I will indeed hold as after dwelling on your post I see what you’re saying and thinking also that is not gonna work probably.

Aren’t the bars on touring rubber mounted? If so wouldn’t you want the damper mounted to the top triple clamp?

Back