14 Touring Running Rough

jake shaw

Turbocharged
Ride
2014 Rocket Touring
Hi Folks, my touring has developed a rough spot at certain revs, about 2000RPM. Only happens when I ease the throttle to level out. When I am on the throttle there is no problem. I lubed the throttle body linkage, cleaned and re oiled the Ramair, checked the connections to the coils, checked the vacuum tubes. Reset adaptives . Any thoughts? Bike is a 14 with TORS and Ramair running a Nels tune. What function does the crank sensor serve?

Hi Folks, my touring has developed a rough spot at certain revs, about 2000RPM. Only happens when I ease the throttle to level out. When I am on the throttle there is no problem. I lubed the throttle body linkage, cleaned and re oiled the Ramair, checked the connections to the coils, checked the vacuum tubes. Reset adaptives . Any thoughts? Bike is a 14 with TORS and Ramair running a Nels tune. What function does the crank sensor serve?
I've got a similar setup om my 2010 touring, but no problems like you describe. I have TORS, Ramair and the Nels tune. Curious about oiling the foam filter... I had my cover off the other day and was wondering how long that foam lasts. It felt fine, firm still. I've had that for about 4 years and maybe 5000 miles on it. I had a K&N before that and on my other motorcycle. I've cleaned and oiled those before, but have not heard of doing that with the Ramair. Any tips on that? The same cleaner and oil as on the K&N's? What do you use? Or just maybe get a spare foam filter instead?
Hope you get sorted out with that rough spot. Sorry I can't help there.

I've got a similar setup om my 2010 touring, but no problems like you describe. I have TORS, Ramair and the Nels tune. Curious about oiling the foam filter... I had my cover off the other day and was wondering how long that foam lasts. It felt fine, firm still. I've had that for about 4 years and maybe 5000 miles on it. I had a K&N before that and on my other motorcycle. I've cleaned and oiled those before, but have not heard of doing that with the Ramair. Any tips on that? The same cleaner and oil as on the K&N's? What do you use? Or just maybe get a spare foam filter instead?
Hope you get sorted out with that rough spot. Sorry I can't help there.
Hi I am using Fab 1 spray oil for foam filters

Back