Kevin frazier

Widowmaker!
Ride
2008 Triumph rocket 3 touring
I want to run a mile somewhere this spring, Texas Arkansas Ohio any will do, it’s just something I want to do. However finding a tire that will work for this is proving to dash my little bucket list thing, speed rating has to be what you plan to not exceed and load index must be equivalent or greater than oem. The bike should be in the 170mph range after build this winter and that would require at least a w rated tire and load index would, I believe need to be 71 front 77 rear but load index for touring I really haven’t found, just going by oem tires for load index number. I’m not clear on proper load index, I’ve searched here and manufactures and can’t find tires that would pass inspection. Does anyone know of a tire that would pass inspection?

So a V rated tire won't cut it ? Remember the tire ratings are for sustained speeds of at least one hour at speed and weight. The short burst of a 1 mile race should not require such high rated tires. Do the rules from each of the tracks say it has to be W rated ?

I have only read rules for Texas mile and it just states, the tire you run must meet or exceed oem specs and the speed you expect to run must be in accordance with speed rating of tire, so v would be 149 max, I have found some w up to 168 I believe which would work but it’s a 160 with a 69 load index and I don’t think 69 or 706lbs would meet oem spec

Back