Ride
2016 R3R
Hi all,

I have a R3 with
  • Stock intake
  • Carpenter exhaust pipe
  • Cat box removed
  • It currently runs on Triumph tune for TORS

I used booster plug for a a bit. Mileage dropped like a stone. Didnt like it. Removed it.
Also, removed the muffler from the carpenter exhaust pipe. Love the sound :)

After I did that, the idle has become rough and sometimes stalls during idle when the engine is cold. It has lot of decel pops and engine runs hot. When I pull the throttle hard, I can smell petrol

Could someone please help ...what is the best tune to use something that help with rough idling and engine running hot ?

Many thanks,
AJ

You might want to start with a RamAir intake set up. Cleans the mess under the tank, supply more air

Thank you TheKid and Scott !.
A bit concerned about foam filter. Would the K&N pods (3x RU-2780) offer the same performance as RamAir ?

Best,
AJ

I have ran both the K&N 2780s and the Ramair.
I have also had both setups on the dyno with the same bike.
The Ramair breathed more air and required fuel addition, hense more power, but due to atmospheric differences of the dyno run dates, just a little improvement in horsepower was resultant.
I'd say Ramair has a definite edge, but if your engine is stock, the K&N 2780s will work fine.
To me (stock engine + CES) the Ramair felt more snappy and yielded more top end.

I just use an old T-shirt. Worked a bit better than cheese cloth, which kept allowing small bugs in. The RAMAIR is working great without having to modify or remove the bearclaw. If you are going for power and less looks though, the K&Ns are great.

Back