2 wheel celebration

During the intermission between the heat races and mains, I would ride out on the tracks for entertainment.
I understand the position is still open.

humourous-motorcycle-stunt-team-the-purple-helmets-perform-at-the-D42KCJ.jpg

1975:my first at 18 was a BSA 650 thunderbolt Ex South Australian Police bike, followed by a long list of bonnys then I got married and could only afford yamaha 650's first Harley was in 1997 then just a few more over the years until this year when I went back to Triumph with my 2014 r3 still got my second and last Harleys, sadly the BSA has gone, wish it was parked next to the rocket.

That's one of my fave new all time photos and a brilliant write up mate .
I think I would need therapy after having an article and pictures of me posted like that , only to have my thunder stolen with a wrong name !
I hope you hunted them down like mangey dogs ? Bloody tabloids , can't believe a word they print ! :banghead: :(

The BS part was the article was written like the "Lil Beaver" was made for Miller. That was just not so. My Dad, Paul Stockinger built it for me and it was later sold to Miller. Miller was the only one the newspaper spoke to.
In 1969 I used every means available to the Tacoma Police Department to track down Miller trying to find the bike with no luck. I have to be happy with my 4 year old memories and what I was told by my Dad & Mom.

Good find!
Tacoma news Tribune f'd up the story.
Twas indeed my bike built for me by my Dad, Paul.
We traveled the TT & flat track race circuit. During the intermission between the heat races and mains, I would ride out on the tracks for entertainment.
About a year or two later, one night at a race my hero, Gene Theison, had crashed in his heat race. So when I went out I layed it down in my final corner in homage to my hero.
At the insistance of my Mom, my motor and uniform were sold to a customer of Dad's, Tex Miller.
This was the only picture of my bike that survived.

So is that Randy or you in the photo?
I didn't think you could look that cute at any age!;):p:D

Sad to say tis actually the Miller kid.
SOB got photographed with my motor and my duds! :( :cautious: :D

At least you got some more unlike this poor bastard! He deserves to be called 'Shameless' ;):D , especially as he is part of that crazy team of Brits who regularly entertain the family crowds at some UK bike events others have posted hilarious You Tubes of before.

At least you got some more unlike this poor bastard! He deserves to be called 'Shameless' ;):D , especially as he is part of that crazy team of Brits who regularly entertain the family crowds at some UK bike events others have posted hilarious You Tubes of before.

The purple Helmets . Mainly made up of serving Emergency crew and fire fighters and the majority of them Yorkshiremen, but you can't hold that against em !

Back