You know you want that solid transmission with sixth gear upgrade . . .

Yeah, I just can't see putting that much money into a bike that Triumph really no longer supports and isn't something that you will be able to keep running for years and years. Too many electronics and plastics in modern bikes and cars. A model T 100 years later you can restore, anything you can't find you can probably make, could you restore a 2019 vehicle 100 years later? Not very easily. My CPS is a good example, if I can't find one, what then? How could you work around something like that?
With the 3D printers coming in the next 10 years we will be able to replicate anything.

How about legs between legs ? I still can do that. Oh and yes I can through a leg over the Rocket. I find it easier to step up on the left passenger board first.

There's a photo on the road, with 6th indicated on the gauge. Art will have to chime in for further info, as that's what was shown.

While I too, would like a 6th, I am not in a position at the moment to buy it.

That would be this photo

upload_2019-9-10_22-37-47.png

This was actually @tford69 's photo, I had this a few times too with the dodgy 3 wire GPS on the '10-13 (March) Roadsters. But never thought to capture a pic before the permanent fix in 2013.

Funny I remember the bike ran ok when in "6th" gear.....

I had to go back to work so the 2.5L engine is sitting there not yet started, although i did hook up to do set TPS/ISCV reset, pump/fan/stepper/secs etc tests, all perfect.

Yes, that's the one I was thinking of.

PS: I've solved the mystery of dissolving retainers without swapping springs or retainers, but, it's a touch pricey.

Back