You know you want that solid transmission with sixth gear upgrade . . .

Just finding this thread.. wouldn’t it be easier to just make 5th gear taller?
I’ve fitted a TTS stage one supercharger and I’m finding 1st gear to low, by the time I get the front wheel down I’ve hit the Rev limiter and lost time. And at the moment I’m getting into a weave at about 140 mph. So can’t use all the revs I have.

As far as the touring goes I would like to have a 6th gear if the factory would have put it in. I don't think its worth tearing down and everything else to get one now. I ususally cruise at 85 mph and the 5 speed is fine for that. We have another little piece of property with a trailer on it in Utah where we spend a lot of time and the speed limit in Utah is 80 mph on the hi ways. I wonder if the factory will actually ever come out with another touring model, if not I think our 2015 will probably outlast me.

We have four captains who have said "Yes", and need another eight -- just eight -- to ante up.

Higher speed for the Roadsters.

Reduced RPM and easier cruising for the Tourings.

2.5L Rocket Stroker Engine Kit with 6 Speed Transmission (R&D)

Take a look if you haven't in a while, and cheer Arto on, and join us to make this happen.
I would be interested. The rocket could indeed use a sixth gear or simply a ratio change. I would advocate moving third to second, fourth to third and fifth to fourth, then installing a REAL overdrive gear, something like a .82:1 than a .96:1. This would allow it to cruise at max torque at 80 mph with ease.

Back