Triumph Rocket 3 back to Bonneville in 2024, I bet you didn’t see that coming

I think i want to do it naked though 😬 no fairing, im probably running naked at the Arkansas mile, then ill know what it feels like approaching 150 and i hope beyond, i sure wont be a threat to no records or any other rockets on the salt
We are running naked (M-G) so we would be in the same class. If you are serious about running modified gas (M-G) we will withdraw and save our money. Adding any bit of aerodynamics will move the bike to MPS-G.

Man dont do that, i would definitely get in another class if it made you back out. I wont even know for sure for several months if i can make it.
I'll check back with you before we send the registration. I just want to make sure we both don't run in the same class, our stocker isn't a real competitor for the motor in your bike.

Firstly Godspeed and good luck with you record attempt, you have the right bike for it that for sure. I’m not aware of higher v rated tires.

I’ve been getting conflicting feedback on the throttle maps and understand the owner changed his on this bike. Did he use tune ecu and penner map? my clarification question is around the throttle maps.

are the evt tables grouping for gears (which table vs gears?) or are they for rider modes and which table is for which mode?
I have obdlink mx+ and tunecu on andriod tab, but need to be 100% clear before I make changes.

best wishes Jacques

Firstly Godspeed and good luck with you record attempt, you have the right bike for it that for sure. I’m not aware of higher v rated tires.

I’ve been getting conflicting feedback on the throttle maps and understand the owner changed his on this bike. Did he use tune ecu and penner map? my clarification question is around the throttle maps.

are the evt tables grouping for gears (which table vs gears?) or are they for rider modes and which table is for which mode?
I have obdlink mx+ and tunecu on andriod tab, but need to be 100% clear before I make changes.

best wishes Jacques
Thanks, I'll have to ask Jeff to be sure.

We are running naked (M-G) so we would be in the same class. If you are serious about running modified gas (M-G) we will withdraw and save our money. Adding any bit of aerodynamics will move the bike to MPS-G.
Fun fact: they haven't closed the loop-hole (yet), but aerodynamic devices for the SCTA are defined as "anything forward of the rider..."; you could build quite the tail section/bellypan and still be within the rules. Food for thought.

Fun fact: they haven't closed the loop-hole (yet), but aerodynamic devices for the SCTA are defined as "anything forward of the rider..."; you could build quite the tail section/bellypan and still be within the rules. Food for thought.
Thanks we probably won't doing anything else to keep it within a tight budget. I think a few Rocket 3 owners might be curious of what a Rocket 3 very similar to their bikes might do.

Back