Winter modifications

I found early on, I could not comfortably use the toe for upshifting, and depend on the heel for that. Front foot is going back the other way.

For me... very little force is required to effect the gear change. I personally like the direct feel of the toe shifter without the linkages. My toe has much more neuromotor control than my heel, specially when using the Bull tuned Daytona boots.;) The heel just has more force. A lot of people use the heel shifter with the toe to push-shift to the next gear. It feels and looks kool doing that. Originally I just wanted the heel shifter off because it gave me the option to use the whole platform to place my foot on. Plus, I could tuck my foot about one inch closer to the bike without the linkages. Plus, I think it looks kool.

Scott... If you like your heel shifter... go at it. A lot of people do. The shifter I sent you is a piece of motorcycle art. If you are not going to use it please bring it to RAA East or mail it to me. Perhaps someone else will see mine and say... hey that shifter looks kool, can I try it? and it gives me the chance to make a fellow rider happy. :thumbsup:
No problem bud I didn't figure on throwing it away :) in fact im glad I got to try it !

I did not mention the throw away thing. Certainly... don't throw it away. Bring it back or ship it back. We will put it to good use in a new home.

Ricardo,
If you are speaking of another direct shift lever, please post a pix.
I need one for Yur Mama when I convert to Standard peg rails. :inlove :D

I found early on, I could not comfortably use the toe for upshifting, and depend on the heel for that. Front foot is going back the other way.

So Paul, do you shift pressing the shifter with your heel or use the toe to push the rear shifter through the gears? Probably you alternate depending on road condition and where your foot is when it's time to shift.

Almost invariably: Heel 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 (and 6th here I come), and Toe 4 - 3 - 2 - 1 (or more precisely, ball of my boot). I find the riding boots just too stiff to maneuver the ankle enough to alternate above and below the front tab as is done with other bikes.

Almost invariably: Heel 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 (and 6th here I come), and Toe 4 - 3 - 2 - 1 (or more precisely, ball of my boot). I find the riding boots just too stiff to maneuver the ankle enough to alternate above and below the front tab as is done with other bikes.

I use the ball of the foot to downshift too. Mainly to make sure I have made the gear change. Sometimes i'll use just the toe if I am slowing down to a stop.

Back