Did a few small things this Winter

Try going to a non-profit dealer shop that works on Jap bikes a lot of them have assorted used parts bikes around you might be able to find a shifter that way.

Compared to some of the magnificent modifications seen on here this is nowt! but I like it.
Just swapped/upgraded a few things -
had a set of Street Blob mini apes lying around, fitted V Max(i think!) mirrors, sawed the brake pedal in half (look closely, used original rubber & now have virtually full foot movement to front of board)

fitted the Thunderbudgie gear lever, again giving full movement up & down the boards

Along with H sintered pads, Goodridge all round, de-cat & Tors I think I'm getting there!
Are those. Apes 10" and did you have to change your cables?

Are those. Apes 10" and did you have to change your cables?
Yes, standard Harley mini-apes.
Electrics were ok,
I was getting Goodridge brake line anyway, so just ordered it a couple of inches longer,
clutch would still work (had to route it outside of the plastic cover on the frame that it should run through) but got a bit tight on left (or was it right!) turn of the bars, so I made one up that was slightly longer. Being able to use the original was handy though, specially if you have to wait for a clutch cable kit, and are very impatient, like me!

Back