Did a few small things this Winter

captainsparkle.com

.020 Over
Ride
2006 Classic
Compared to some of the magnificent modifications seen on here this is nowt! but I like it.
Just swapped/upgraded a few things -
had a set of Street Blob mini apes lying around, fitted V Max(i think!) mirrors, sawed the brake pedal in half (look closely, used original rubber & now have virtually full foot movement to front of board)

fitted the Thunderbudgie gear lever, again giving full movement up & down the boards

Along with H sintered pads, Goodridge all round, de-cat & Tors I think I'm getting there!

VERY nice winter work! :thumbsup:
That T-Bird shifter, which eliminates the linkage, is the great! :D
I would like to know more about the bars - can you point me to a brand and model?

Big grin on the front Rotors! More detail on the shifter please. (off T-bird? what years? Benefit?)

VERY nice winter work! :thumbsup:
That T-Bird shifter, which eliminates the linkage, is the great! :D
I would like to know more about the bars - can you point me to a brand and model?
I took your advice and got the T-Bird shifter. Works great with the boards. No muss, no fuss. I put the Kuryakyn Longhorn Iso shift peg on.

Big grin on the front Rotors! More detail on the shifter please. (off T-bird? what years? Benefit?)
Couldn't tell you what year it was, I think the 1600/1700 are the same lever.
Now, there's no rear rocker arm to stop my size 12s moving back.
I can now move both feet all the way back (rearset style) to hustle through the twisties,
then virtually all the way forward for cruisin'!
Bit of a change from when I got the bike, first thing I intended to do was chuck the boards away & stick pegs on!

Couldn't tell you what year it was, I think the 1600/1700 are the same lever.
Now, there's no rear rocker arm to stop my size 12s moving back.
I can now move both feet all the way back (rearset style) to hustle through the twisties,
then virtually all the way forward for cruisin'!
Bit of a change from when I got the bike, first thing I intended to do was chuck the boards away & stick pegs on!

Oh ok, I wasn't thinking. you had boards with heal/toe shifter. since mine's an 05 std with pegs n toe shifter only, I wasn't understanding the benefit. brain fart on my end for not realizing your setup. Anyway, looking good. +1 on the bars

Thanks, I saw that on here!!
They're the standard 'mini apes' off my HD Streetblob,
put 16" apes on that, thought they may be too much for the Rocket!

Indeed! I have 16" Apes on my V2K which are great, but NOT for my R3R.
Would like something about 10" height and more pullback that the Classic bars.
I've designed my dream bars on CAD and need to find someone to fabricate them.

Back