Long winter...new mods

I'm using a tune from the resources section, clavigers 2014+ roadster with CES and ramair. I tuned it last year after adding the Viking header and k and n filters. Now I removed the stock crossover and went from 2 mufflers to 1. I still think it runs great, pulls hard, smooth all the way thru rpm range, but I am getting a lot more decel pop, which I think is a condition of being too lean? Maybe there is a different tune that would work better now? I don't think there is a good dynotuner close to me. (and I have a hard time parting with money for something I can't see).

I’ve same issue ...took plunge and bought PCV and AT. Does a good job!

Alright, so I have a hard time leaving stuff alone. Last year I removed the stock intake and installed triple k and n filters. Always felt like they needed to be up in the breeze. Sucking in some cooler air. Somebody else on here did a mod with some plumbing from the local hardware store, I seen it awhile back but couldn't find it now. So anyway I bought some 2" spa hose and elbows( 90, 60, and 45's) and some steel reinforced rubber boots and made up my own custom intake. It might not be for everyone and it's not permanent, I can change it back. Only a couple test rides, still playing with the lengths and angles. Fabbed it up, took it apart and glued it, painted it, and reassembled it. Here's some pics.
IMAG0495.jpg
IMAG0494.jpg
IMAG0501.jpg
IMAG0503.jpg
IMAG0497.jpg

Ok, I made a few alterations to my new intake setup. Tried to get everything closer to together, cleaner looking. Also finally disconnected my o2 sensor. And I loaded hansos 2014+ unrestricted roadster tune. Feels like its running great, exhaust sounds good and intake sounds good also.
IMAG0505.jpg
IMAG0506.jpg
IMAG0509.jpg

Still thinking about cutting the bearclaw and using the bottom third of it, but hey what's the point.
Don't forget the bar code stickers.;):D

What is the transition inside the tubes like with all the links and joins?
Ideally there will not be any steps up or down or sharp edges to cause drag and air vortices.
The length of each from filter tip to head is also the same I presume. Longer and shorter intakes does affect the tuning too, as header primary length on the exhaust side does in its own way.

Don't forget the bar code stickers.;):D

What is the transition inside the tubes like with all the links and joins?
Ideally there will not be any steps up or down or sharp edges to cause drag and air vortices.
The length of each from filter tip to head is also the same I presume. Longer and shorter intakes does affect the tuning too, as header primary length on the exhaust side does in its own way.
Transition inside tubes and elbows is all pretty smooth. I would have liked to made all the tubes same length, and really wanted to stack them more, but clearance was really an issue. Just barely clear the left front turn signal when turned all the way to the left. Its something different and I like it for now.

Back