Long winter...new mods

CamaroCarl

Get busy living or get busy dying.
Ride
2018 rocket3 roadster
This winter has lasted forever, but finally spring is here and it's time to ride. I couldn't leave the rocket just sitting there alone in the garage all winter, so I made some more mods. Last year I picked up a used Viking header, it was silver so I decided to take it off and have it ceramic coated black. Looks awesome. While I had it off decided to get rid of the stock crossover and just do 3 into 1 exhaust. So I bought a cheap muffler and added it, was also able to lose the muffler support brackets, so shed some more weight. Read all the threads about led headlights, decided I needed those too. I decided I really wanted some with halos, so I found some, but they took a lot of work to make fit. Good news is I was able to wire up the parking light to the halo so it still works. And finally time to lose the Mickey mouse ear mirrors. Would have been fine with triumph black teardrop, but couldn't find any right now. Didn't want to wait so I bought some Arlen ness mirrors. Little trouble getting them to fit, but they work. Rolled her out of the garage and gave her a quick wash. Time to ride.
IMAG0489.jpg
IMAG0489.jpg
IMAG0490.jpg
IMAG0487.jpg
IMAG0486.jpg

There are two brackets, one on each side for holding up the huge stock mufflers. My new little lightweight muffler didn't need them, came with the little chrome bracket you can see in pics.
IMAG0504.jpg

I'm using a tune from the resources section, clavigers 2014+ roadster with CES and ramair. I tuned it last year after adding the Viking header and k and n filters. Now I removed the stock crossover and went from 2 mufflers to 1. I still think it runs great, pulls hard, smooth all the way thru rpm range, but I am getting a lot more decel pop, which I think is a condition of being too lean? Maybe there is a different tune that would work better now? I don't think there is a good dynotuner close to me. (and I have a hard time parting with money for something I can't see).

Back