Exhaust mods for 2.5L

Paul, I know the ECU hasn't been cracked yet, but do you think a PCV would work ?

I wondered this too but I'm guessing this may not be possible now due to the increasingly tight emission laws and the manufacturer's complying more rigorously to the letter of the law. I suspect all the injector plugs will have been changed where the PCV interrupts the injector pulse. Also to make the PCV any use the auto-tune would also be needed unless you have an AFR meter lying round in the garage.

The scary thing is that the ECU may even have software that detects tampering and puts the bike into a fault (valet or limp) mode if the bike moves out of the design AFR parameters. This is just conjecture but possible.

Then there's the fly by wire throttle making tuning difficult too I believe, so unless you know how to work on that and access the ECU its not going t be an option.

Thinking the days of modding bikes may be over soon and this is the new wave of controls.

As @Paul Bryant says side-draught and trispark conversion would probably be easier.

EU5 emissions have been around for a while on cars and there are plenty of tuning places that have these BMW and Merc's modified and tuned.
I do think it's a matter of time till someone comes up with a tune for the bike and a proper exhaust system.
How does TTS tune the new rocket with a supercharger?

You may have noticed that the TTS project has gone "dark" - there are some problems with the development.

We don't have any further info, but it might be reasonable to guess that the problem could be the ECU?

You may have noticed that the TTS project has gone "dark" - there are some problems with the development.

We don't have any further info, but it might be reasonable to guess that the problem could be the ECU?
Didn’t Triumph give TTS the new model to develop the supercharger kit or did I misread the original thread, would seem fairly pointless if the manufacturer knows the ECU can’t be hacked?

Didn’t Triumph give TTS the new model to develop the supercharger kit or did I misread the original thread, would seem fairly pointless if the manufacturer knows the ECU can’t be hacked?
I think all manufacturers want customers to mod their bikes and sell more gear. That means tuning is a priority. Esoesh when they compete in the American markets.
Everyoe wants loud pipes and better air flow :)

Back