Exhaust mods for 2.5L

I would assume Arrow would produce 1st set of pipes unless they have some kind of agreement with Triumph not to for the 1st 12 or 24 months. Acrapovic may come up with something given the popularity of the bikes.
The Italians (Arrow amongst them) may indeed produce a solution. BUT they will almost certainly say they are RACE ONLY and need a retune. The Slovenians(inc Akra) are also likely to try - but if so few will run without proper tuning. Much depends on HOW triumph designed the engine. Some of the new (designed from scratch for EU5) engines are proving to be VERY hard to mod. The Mfrs are under extreme pressure to make it so.

With all due respect to the R3 - it is a bit of a niche product compared to (as an example - just because I have one, so know)) the KTM LC8c engine bike family. They have been about for two years. Yes there are KTM LC8c tail pipes all over - But then the OEM tailpipe is basically an open pipe anyway. Yes there is a special factory "decat" map for the full Akra decat system - but the decat map is ONLY valid under near constant full throttle conditions. Run it through town and there is a chance of it destroying valves. A power commander WILL keep the engine light firmly ON. And iirc Richard at TTS says the same happens on the R3.

Think about it a bit - Who actually made a HOMOLOGATED R-III pipe? - Zard!. And iirc only Zard.
Most of us run "enthusiast" pipes. Even TORS are not road legal - on paper. And came with Factory tune.

There maybe a way to reflash the ECU with a new map - but so far on many EU5 vehicles this is destroyed/reset when the base map is updated at all. The Bosch ECU used on the KTM is an industry wide device - has been used on cars for years - but until very recently the only way in was to open it up and probe about. An Italian company says they have a way in - but 4K for the basic kit.

I'm not saying nobody will get there - but don't expect a reliable solution to be forthcoming SOON or CHEAP. There are AFR dongles out there - and some seem to work - but so far NOT long term as they can start to drift relative to each other. This may well be a Bosch ECU thing - but it behoves one to be well informed technically before risking 20K

This is the weirdest exhaust I've ever seen. I think will have to wait for some one to.make something good out of this :)
Just sounds like a sawing machine at the moment :(((

Attachments

• 20200328_161600.jpg
    20200328_161600.jpg
    346.4 KB · Views: 49
  • 20200328_161545.jpg
    20200328_161545.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 20200328_161540.jpg
    20200328_161540.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 49
  • 20200328_161606.jpg
    20200328_161606.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 49
Spoke to a manufacturer of custom exhausts in Sommerville.
They seem keen to have a look and perhaps make something for me.
I'll see how we go next few weeks if I'll be allowed to leave the house with this CoronaV sh..t
Perhaps a 3 into 2 to keep on right ride only and make things simple without power loss.

You should see about gutting the insides of the stock exhaust. A little cosmetic incisions on the backside & see what will come of it. From pics that I see you could open it & close it up and no one would be able to tell after a few km. Yet again your going to have to retune the beast. I like the look of these pipes. My ranting.

Last edited:
This is the weirdest exhaust I've ever seen. I think will have to wait for some one to.make something good out of this :)
I wonder what the two welded on tangs are for?

As I have been saying, these new Rockets don't have separate mufflers.

And don't forget ... it's easy enough to play with the Tin (steel bits) but you still have to tune it.

Back