Hi all!
New to this forum.
Just got a new R3GT and loving it.
However it's a bit quiet for my liking.
Has anyone modified stock pipes yet?
I.e. baffled out, slip ons, anything?
Would love to know.
Thanks

Be careful you don't void your warranted shops are bad for that here in Australia if you change anything.

Spoke to a manufacturer of custom exhausts in Sommerville.
They seem keen to have a look and perhaps make something for me.
I'll see how we go next few weeks if I'll be allowed to leave the house with this CoronaV sh..t
Perhaps a 3 into 2 to keep on right ride only and make things simple without power loss.

Be careful you don't void your warranted shops are bad for that here in Australia if you change anything.
The manual is clear that any changes to baffles or cat will affect warranty.

Could be wrong but I believe as part of the new Euro 5 emissions, re tune is not possible unless by the dealer to avoid the emissions being tampered with.

That being said, there is always someone willing to crack the code! :whitstling:

It seems like the stock bike is moderately fast - compared to an F-15. If I had just spent $27k on a bike, I certainly wouldn’t think about f&;king it up. But, I would volunteer Jay Leno’s bike.

There are quite a few "Muffler" shops out there saying "we can do this".
Sure anyone can build something, but no one seams to have come up with the ability to re-tune the bike as yet.

Except possibly TTS.

if new pipes are installed would ECU adjust itself with different flow?

if new pipes are installed would ECU adjust itself with different flow?
I think that doing the 12 minute tune, (I do not know if the 2.5L bikes have this or not) would help but only slightly. I believe that a new tune via the ECU if called for to maximize the new flow rate.

Back