Exhaust mods for 2.5L

I think that doing the 12 minute tune, (I do not know if the 2.5L bikes have this or not) would help but only slightly. I believe that a new tune via the ECU if called for to maximize the new flow rate.
The so called 12 minute tune is an idle adjust. If you anything to the intake or exhaust that will significantly increase power, you probably would have to change the fueling.

I don't know about the new bikes, but with the Gen 1 Rockets ..... No.
My Rocket III had Jardines and triple K&N’s. When I had it dyno tuned, the A/F was as high as 15 and no lower than 14 above 2400 rpm. I can’t find the trim table but the A/F went down to 13 after tuning.

Im quite happy with the way my R3 sounds. totally over loud. Already have some ringing and hearing loss. Don't need more. Ear plugs are your friend.

Could be wrong but I believe as part of the new Euro 5 emissions, re tune is not possible unless by the dealer to avoid the emissions being tampered with.
Based on what I have noted with EU4 pipes - and from one or two comments on some of the more conservative pipe mfrs - EU5 approved pipes MAY NOT have removable baffles. In theory not EU4 either!. It seems some mfrs have overcome (ignored?) this - But importantly, some of them are now failing MoT tests and there are indications they may have opened themselves up for civil suits. Most Eu4/5 bikes run very very lean.

Some mfrs (sorry I don't have the info for the 2.5 R3) set the baseline AFR very very lean indeed (AFR 18) and the ECU richens as and where required. Fly-by-wire to the fore.

Patience - if it can be done - somebody will. But given the "niche" position of the R3 - I'd not expect a fast solution. There is little ROI.

Based on what I have noted with EU4 pipes - and from one or two comments on some of the more conservative pipe mfrs - EU5 approved pipes MAY NOT have removable baffles. In theory not EU4 either!. It seems some mfrs have overcome (ignored?) this - But importantly, some of them are now failing MoT tests and there are indications they may have opened themselves up for civil suits. Most Eu4/5 bikes run very very lean.

Some mfrs (sorry I don't have the info for the 2.5 R3) set the baseline AFR very very lean indeed (AFR 18) and the ECU richens as and where required. Fly-by-wire to the fore.

Patience - if it can be done - somebody will. But given the "niche" position of the R3 - I'd not expect a fast solution. There is little ROI.
I would assume Arrow would produce 1st set of pipes unless they have some kind of agreement with Triumph not to for the 1st 12 or 24 months. Acrapovic may come up with something given the popularity of the bikes.

I would assume Arrow would produce 1st set of pipes unless they have some kind of agreement with Triumph not to for the 1st 12 or 24 months. Acrapovic may come up with something given the popularity of the bikes.

What you need to realize is that the "Mufflers" that you see on the side of the bike, are not "mufflers"
They are stylized covers that cover the welded on exit pipes from the "Box" underneath.

Tal.jpg

There are no "Mufflers" that can be changed.

20200106_170237.jpg

20200106_170221.jpg

Back