NOW - options for Classic floorboards

I would like to trade as well, anybody up to it? I have a 2014 R3R and feel the need for classic controls.

ThingKing, did you find a set of boards? I'm thinking about changing to R3R pegs from my boards. I've got a 2006 Rocket 3 with OEM boards on it.
Rocket3ae.jpg

Here's mine. Is that what you're after?

20160827_135408.jpg

Yes, I'm ready. Not very experienced as a mechanic though, I think I will need pictures of which exact parts to swap.
And then, I am located in Europe. Do you mind the distance and postal fees?

The distance, I don't mind. I've only been to Austria once. Vienna for a day on our way to Slovakia. Both beautiful countries. I could happily live in that part of Europe (but they won't let me).

I guess I should take a look at some parts diagrams and make a list of all the bits we would need to swap.

The fees will be what they are. I expect it'd still be cheaper than buying the parts.

However, I may be able to source parts for myself locally and depending on cost, would have to weigh up which is the best way to go.

The other problem with swapping is the time it takes for shipping parts during which we can't ride our bikes.

I'll get back to you soon.

The distance, I don't mind. I've only been to Austria once. Vienna for a day on our way to Slovakia. Both beautiful countries. I could happily live in that part of Europe (but they won't let me).

I guess I should take a look at some parts diagrams and make a list of all the bits we would need to swap.

The fees will be what they are. I expect it'd still be cheaper than buying the parts.

However, I may be able to source parts for myself locally and depending on cost, would have to weigh up which is the best way to go.

The other problem with swapping is the time it takes for shipping parts during which we can't ride our bikes.

I'll get back to you soon.

I thought you wanted to keep your boards regardless:confused:.

Get back to me after your Snowys trip and we can do a swap as I'm ready for a change on my '10 Roadster ABS and they will suit my Corbin seats better which are lower and more forward than the stock Roadster seats.

If NEITHER of us like the change we can swap back easily and you may also be surprised how cheap I'll let those rear sets go as I got them for a good price, same with the stock R3 pegs and if you took the stock R3 pegs too you could switch it back to stock anytime and/or fit my Chrome Kuryakyn mini boards I have on now, whenever you like.

I am not sure but if my R3 Std footrails are the same as yours we may only have to swap the pegs/your boards and other bits to suit. Will not know for sure until we compared them.

If I wanted to I can always refit my black set Kuryakyn minis as I have multiple sets of splined adapters.

Last edited:
No problem about riding issue here. -15 Celsius expected for the weekend. Maybe you're still better off swapping with @Ishrub locally. Just tell me which way you wanna go. Cheers from Europe to all.

Anyone ever purchased something like this to be rid of the pegs??

The triumph is the only bike I have ever ridden wear the pegs hurt my feet, I hate them, that is the only bad point about the bike I can find...... even my sons 48 harley which is a piece of work to try n ride had more comfortable pegs being rubber!!

Maybe I can just get rubber pegs does anyone know of any or am I stuck with the boards above??

Back