Windscreen for my classic

Fungames43232

If it's too fast your too old
Ride
2007 Carpenter
I only have a fly screen, and would like a windshield. Without all of the hardware, seems the only option I can find is Madstad. Anyone know of other options. Clearview, 7jurock an others require you have hardware.

Yep I have some complete Triumph accessory screens still if your interested.
I also have about 3 or 4 NOS sets of the Front End Fixing Kit A9738051 left.
If you have a stock flyscreen aloready you will already have the fork fixing kit which is the same for ALL Rocket III dual headlight screens.
One of the best aftermarket options is the Giant XL flyscreen version that was sold by a UK bloke David Gill who runs some Rocket III facebook groups. He sold them on his website Rocke's Patches UK
Bei Facebook anmelden

and eBay site 'toyota6510'
XL flyscreens ( Dave Gill at Rocke's Patches UK or seller 'toyota6510' on eBay), also sold Black Chrome mushroom Allen headed bolt sets if you dislike chrome.

Looks like they are all long gone.

information please call or text 07885722181

or email me for details davidx90@hotmail.co.uk

TRIUMPH ROCKET 3 roadster rocket 111 rocket iii Grp fly screen XL | eBay

Jason Dunne Fiberman on FB Triumph Group has aftermarket standard size and XL fiberglass versions of the flyscreen now too.
No brackets from this guy just the screens BUT Dave Gill still has 2 types of brackets to suit factory or aftermaket flyscreens. One is angles more steeply giving much more access to the keys and raises the angle for more protection (these replace the Triumph side brackets/plates but still fit the factory fork fixing clamps)

@1olbull swears by his too after I put him onto them.
Stock Triumph flyscreen
upload_2017-7-14_20-30-27.png

Compared to much wider and taller XL Flyscreen from Dave Gill UK.
@1olbull
upload_2017-7-14_20-29-14.png

Triumph had a smaller 3 bolt top strap TT version they called the Summer screen which was discontinued but still available from dealers before the Roadster ABS was released in 2010.
They sold a Classic larger 5 bolt top strap TT version from 2006 on, the same 5 bolt top strap screen sold later as Roadster accessory version.
I have sold and sent them to USA and rest of world with or without the screen itself and TRUST me 'with' is much easier to pack keeps all the bits together. There are little steel spacers for every bolthole between bolt and screen. Getting them aligned and the front and back straps with their own rubber lining strips together is a REAL PITHA and there is also a slight difference between Left and Right straps which is often not apparent until you go to fit to bike.
Trust me it is a lot easier and much cheaper in seller's and your labor for sure as seller's rarely have just the the hardware for sale and screens come with them.
I even have a custom lipped Clearview USA screen on one of mine, strangely it is the biggest size Clearview offer with their vents and was ordered to fit the Summer 3 bolt TT screen straps. I bought it like that and added Memphis Shades extensions top and sides and have run fully loaded at 120mph with it no probs.

So the 3 bolt pattern is plenty strong enough!
1705895357019.jpeg

Summer screen - note 3x hole TT chrome strap smallest 'fullsize' screen
SUMMER SCREEN A9748040
1589954048049.png

Roadster screen - note 5 hole TT chrome strap
ROADSTER SCREEN A9748036
1589954096857.png

S

Last edited:
The screens also ship complete assembled to USA with Australia Post.
Saying that, I just checked and it doesn't look like your Sissy bar/rack/pad has left Sydney yet and I posted it a week ago.
Have you got any email auto tracking notifications yet?

The screens also ship complete assembled to USA with Australia Post.
Saying that, I just checked and it doesn't look like your Sissy bar/rack/pad has left Sydney yet and I posted it a week ago.
Have you got any email auto tracking notifications yet?
Nothing yet but im sure it takes time.

I'll have to dig the screens out and inspect as I have sold quite a few over the years and only have a couple left but may find the rest have minor issues after selling the best already.

For an excellent one I may have to finally sell my own big one with the Clearview vented and lipped screen on the 3 bolt strap TT hardware.
I'm moving back to the tropics, so it is a big overkill for up North being just 13 degrees South of the equator.
I will remove the Memphis Shades and my own custom made stainless steel front blade extensions as they undo with ease and I can use elsewhere.
1705983940840.png

I can take some photos once I get it from storage and remove the extras.

Usually I sell the stock Classic / Roadster screens, TT strap frames and brackets excluding the forking fixing kits for Au$450 (US$300) and the FFKs for another Au$150 .
I would want Au$600 (US$400) for my personal 3 bolt strap TT screen / brackets with the custom Clearview Xtra large lipped ( recurved ) screen and adjustable front vents.
The screens alone are US$278.00 (Au$$427) without freight from USA.

TRIUMPH ROCKET III SUMMER SCREEN WINDSHIELD (3 HOLES ACROSS) | CLEARVIEW SHIELDS

Triumph Rocket III Summer Screen Windshields Feature Height, Width, Vent, Recurve, Tint, & Fog Light Cutout Options. Handcrafted in the USA by Clearview Shields.
www.clearviewshields.com
www.clearviewshields.com

Air Standard postage with Australia Post once packed will be about Au$150 + insurance.
They do pack well fully assembled and I have shipped at least 6 before that way without issues.

Jason Dunne Fiberman on FB may be your best hope for a Giant XL flyscreen made.
You would need to get the side brackets separately from Dave Gill's Rockes Patches or the his eBay site 'toyota6510' and ALREADY have a set of 4 fork fixing clamps as you do already.
You will also need the mounting bolts screws and easiest is to get a set of Dave Gill's screen bolts
1706054732315.png

Found a photo comparison.
1706054214126.jpeg

1706054331162.png

If he cannot help or costs are high I can sell mine as I have a few std flyscreens including a matching red stripe one for my Roadster and in the tropics I don't want or need too much protection.

Last edited:
Back