Valve inspection interval and findings

I see posts were deleted, why delete the post I provided instructions on how to use the tool? I understand some posts after my post were inflammatory, but it makes no sense to delete a post trying to help a fellow captain
In reviewing the deleted posts I see nothing regarding the use of the tool. Please review the remaining posts and if you think something valuable is missing, feel free to repost.

I got the message Ralsmith, and appreciate the effort. So to summarize, this fork, or claw of a tool is basically holding down the outer edge of two adjacent buckets? I guess this is why you use the centered cam to depress the bucket and the tool just to hold on the outer edge. This I can see myself pulling off. Hope to report back with positive results, and thanks again for the guidance.
You got it, the keg on the tool if made correct and with the slight bends will catch the lip of the bucket and also rest against the bottom of the casting so it can’t slip off the bucket when the cam is rotated and it is placed under tension of the valve spring.

Last edited:
In reviewing the deleted posts I see nothing regarding the use of the tool. Please review the remaining posts and if you think something valuable is missing, feel free to repost.
You are right I found the post I made on post 18, I was mistaken and though it was later in the thread by the other posted you deleted for good reason

You got it, the keg on the tool if made correct and with the slight bends will catch the lip of the bucket and also rest against the bottom of the casting so it can’t slip off the bucket when the cam is rotated and it is placed under tension of the valve spring.
Hey Ralsmith, Just a quick thank you for the advice on the shim bucket hold down tool. Carved one out of an old hinge and Works great! I could get through all the shims in less than 30 min. But that was after a day wading through all the wires, and a week overcoming a brainfart of a wrong decimal place in calculating replacements. Now I have lots of spares:). Anyway, good experience and now in spec and on the road. Be safe and appreciate the guidance.

Oh, my bad! You're right my friend I was wrong both in the conversion and the column!!! LOL. But still there are some fellow rocketeers that have reached that mileage and it would be nice to know their findings. My v-rod supposedly needed valve adjustment in the low 20s, I've heard that even after 30-40k miles or even more very few really needed any valve adjustment. Happy riding!
Just two months like I sold my vrod valve adjustment was 8500 mile only!!

Back