Valve inspection interval and findings

If you want to make a tool to keep buckets depressed rather than messing with timing see below pictures
Question on the drawing: You mention .060" stock. This is roughly 1/16" thick, but at the bottom of the page you call out 1/8" thick steel. Which is it? Is the 1/4" hole centered on the 1/2" bend? Thanks!

Question on the drawing: You mention .060" stock. This is roughly 1/16" thick, but at the bottom of the page you call out 1/8" thick steel. Which is it? Is the 1/4" hole centered on the 1/2" bend? Thanks!
Please ignore the first question as I am a little slow two hours into happy hour. I now see that it is two pieces of metal. Center the 1/4" hole on the 1/2" bend?

Please ignore the first question as I am a little slow two hours into happy hour. I now see that it is two pieces of metal. Center the 1/4" hole on the 1/2" bend?
The photos are two different designs from fellow captains, I would recommend the thicker metal as the pressure from the valve springs on the buckets tend to warp the tool a little. I ended up welding a home madly angle to my tool at the top to stop it flexing as much. The hole needs to be centered on the width of tool and approx 1/8” back from the bend. Also if you decide to make the tool with a stud to bolt down the cam ladder first add the thickness on the bolt to your leg lengths on the drawings as the tool is now raised higher by the bolt thickness

From owner's manual, the valve clearances check is scheduled at 20k miles. I haven't reached that yet. Don't know if anyone else ha
From owner's manual, the valve clearances check is scheduled at 20k miles. I haven't reached that yet. Don't know if anyone else has
From owner's manual, the valve clearances check is scheduled at 20k miles. I haven't reached that yet. Don't know if anyone else has.
31,000 plus miles here.

I see posts were deleted, why delete the post I provided instructions on how to use the tool? I understand some posts after my post were inflammatory, but it makes no sense to delete a post trying to help a fellow captain

I see posts were deleted, why delete the post I provided instructions on how to use the tool? I understand some posts after my post were inflammatory, but it makes no sense to delete a post trying to help a fellow captain
I got the message Ralsmith, and appreciate the effort. So to summarize, this fork, or claw of a tool is basically holding down the outer edge of two adjacent buckets? I guess this is why you use the centered cam to depress the bucket and the tool just to hold on the outer edge. This I can see myself pulling off. Hope to report back with positive results, and thanks again for the guidance.

Back