Which way to Go...

• TuneBOY

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • TuneECU

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • PC5

Votes: 17 42.5%

• Total voters
The 02 sensor is sized for the r3. Yes the PCV will function independently and the auto tuner is an add-on option. While the Dyno tune is not necessary it would be interesting to get a base dyno and another dyno run after running it for a few hundred miles to see the actual changes in hp and tq. Again, I am suggesting just a dyno run to check hp and tq not to tune it. A dyno base typically will cost $35-45 and for that small amount the results would be worthwhile to see actual hp and tq msmts.

Thanx for that info..:)
Yes it would be interesting, but in Perth I don't know who dynos bikes and after reading the thread recently about the experience he had.. burn't his motor out, I not sure I would go to one

Thread >> Ripped Off? Blown Engine?

After a 20 minute conversation with the Dyno Jet tech guy, I ordered both the PCV and the Auto Tune. Here's why. The guy said the Auto Tune has the ability to make temporary adjustments (A 3rd fuel table) as you drive. The PC goes back to the base fuel table that is in the unit once you shut the bike down.

With a bike that has been dynoed the adjustments will be minuscule. But,,,,,he said the Auto Tune has the ability to make huge changes when you make modifications to your bike. (Exhaust, cams, pistons, air cleaners, Etc.)

I called him on it and asked if he was sure the unit could make big adjustments as well as trim adjustments. He said absolutely. The Auto Tune uses the same technology as does their dyno. We shall see.

Let me know how you go with them please :D

Fitted a PCV to my roadster without the auto tune.Got it dynoed on Serco's dyno they are the Australian distributors for Powercomander. Base run after plugging in PCV maxpower = 131.46 hp maxtorque =152.48 and alot of overrun backfire after custom tune maxpower = 136.97 maxtorque = 154.61 and a nice flat air/fuel line from idle to red line. On overrun I only get one or two pops at about 1800 RPM after several more runs dyno guy said he beleived the cause was apulse of cold air being sucked back in and igniting . The problem appears to be mechanical to do with custom 3 into 1 pipe. So after custom tune only minimal power gain but the bike runs much smoother and I've learned to live with the ocassional backfire. P.S. massive improvement over stock triumph tune.

Dennsell, there is a place in Perth called " Tokyo Motorsport" or something like that, and I think they are in Cannington. They have a guy who races bikes and will dyno your bike. Powder Monkey from Perth has also had his dynoed.

Dennsell, there is a place in Perth called " Tokyo Motorsport" or something like that, and I think they are in Cannington. They have a guy who races bikes and will dyno your bike. Powder Monkey from Perth has also had his dynoed.

Thanx I didn't know we had anyone I will find the address and check it out..

Years ago i asked Dynotime and he would only do power commander.May be times have changed. Tokyo will do tuneboy or Teneecu i am told.
I had mine tuned by a guy not doing it now ,has gone back to working in the mines. Did a dam good job as well.

I received my PCV and the Auto Tune units yesterday. What nice quality components! The PCV is way small in comparison to the PCIII. Smaller than a pack of Camel non filter cigarettes and way thinner!

I downloaded the map I needed from Dyno Jet. Easy to install on the PCV. At least for me a relatively "Non computer" type guy. I will post when I install the units and test ride. The PCV plugs into the stock ECU wire loom. Super clean set up!

Also, If anyone here needs a contact for a super discount on bike parts, Drag, Harley, Etc., let me know and I will give ya the info on where I buy my MC stuff. I saved $130.00 off from MSRP on the units. Plus no tax and a very SMALL shipping cost. Equates to about 31% off for me!

Pcv in

Okay. The PCV and the Auto Tune are in. The bike feels like it has more power throughout the gear/RPM ranges. But,,,the real improvement is in rideability! The PCV has virtually eliminated any and all lean problems, or rideability problems one might have had.

The only detractor from this kit is the vague installation instructions. If you are a wrench, there will be no problem. But if you have ZERO mechanical abilities, there might be. I'm going to call Dyno Jet tomorrow, as I have a couple of tuning questions. i will address the instructions with them then.

As for the PCV and the Auto Tune unit, I would highly recommend them for your Rocket. :D

Back