Votes: 17 42.5%
  • PC5

Votes: 17 42.5%

• Total voters

TorontoRider

.040 Over
Ride
Triumph Rocket III Touring 2010
I was about to buy TuneBoy from British Customs, when I talked to a reputed Dyno shop here. He suggested that I should go with PC5 as it would not alter the default ECU and will have same or better tuning.
Please suggest what is the best way to go...TuneBoy or TuneECU or PC5

I was about to buy TuneBoy from British Customs, when I talked to a reputed Dyno shop here. He suggested that I should go with PC5 as it would not alter the default ECU and will have same or better tuning.
Please suggest what is the best way to go...TuneBoy or TuneECU or PC5
I recomend PCV
there are alot more dyno shops around that deal with the dyno jet software than the others.
i just had my bike dynoed with pcv installed and it runs great best decision i have made. the power comander controls the air fuel ratios. I do have a base tune installed in my ecu via tune ecu "free program" that sets my secondaries open 100% and what not and i used a tune that got me roughly around the mark until i could be dynoed.
but in my opinion your bike wont run at its optimum level with a mere canned tune as every bike is different so a powercomander and a dyno is definately the way to go:cool:
regards Mitch

I have been researching the same issue for about 3 months now and have concluded that a PC5 will be the option for me.The idea of multiple dealers with dyno experience and the Auto-tune feature on the Power Commander are the top selling points for me.I currently have Gipro-Atre, Kn'N air filter and the complete Jardine exhaust set-up..some popping on de-cel but does run well...Brothers Powersports on the westside will dyno and install PC for $700 when all purchased at their shop as well as set tune,etc.Will have it done this spring and will report results at that time..Good Luck on your decision and keep us informed...thanks..Bob

think Mitch made the point,

I did everything so far what I could do by myself (triple filters, Gipro, tors, kat, lambda, secondaries and at least tunecu).
Just to find out that the bike runs well, but after dyno it was clear that it runs to lean.
Did not think about that, because I have no popping.

Above 3000 rpm I shall have a problem, the pro at the dyno said. Well as mitch said before. You will find lots of PC shops with trained people to solve this. As a hobbyist it is nearly impossible to make the right tuning by fiddeling with the thousands of numbers in Tunecu. Maybe it feels good but it is worse for the machine, long term. (In my case to lean) Using preprogrammed maps helps - for shure. But each bike is individual and this can only adjusted by doing a good Dyno. You only have to make shure, that the shop is using the latest machine (think this is called 255i) and take part in regularly trainings. Visiting the Powercommander Website should help. Powercommander Tuning Centers

I will definitely go for PC5 (when available for the Touring 08) and will be on the powerful and safe side.

m 2¢

Pc v

According to the Dyno Jet web site, the Power Commander V is now available for the 08 and up Rocket III. Now which model Rocket the site does not state. I would hope you could use the unit on either the Touring or the Roadster models.

As I'm researching a Power Commander V for my bike, I will be on the phone to Dyna Jet and Micky Cohen in the morning. I'm also interested in the new "Auto Tune" unit from Dyna Jet. From what Dyna Jet states on their web site, it might be a good way to go.

The only concern I have with the Auto Tune unit is your stock O2 sensor gets replaced by a wide band sensor supplied with the Auto Tune kit. Now how does the stock ECU get it's fuel/air ratio info? Does the Auto Tune unit allow for the stock O2 sensor wiring to connect with the new wide band sensor wiring? I will be finding answers to all of my questions tomorrow.

Just to clarify, I have the autotune fitted and can't say I notice a ****bit of difference over a dynod bike without one. I would save ur money and just dyno. It works on longer runs for our bikes if air temp/ density/ altitude changes. But sheeze i worked it out and I don't think it's worth the money. It won't make ur bike run better than the dyno tune. Just if you rode somewhere where the air/ weather had a dramatic change it might make you not notice you lost a couple of horses but are you really going to notice that anyway??? I paid for it it's on there probably wouldn't have bothered if I had the chance to go again. Just my 0.02 worth :)

Yeah I didn't fit the auto tune for that reason the dyno guy said not to bother as it's a waste of coin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I emailed Power Commander Technical about using the PCV on a 2008 R3Touring and this was his response...
Yes, sir… You should be able to use the PCV (#21-003) with no problems, on your ’08.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us... Monday thru Friday, 8am-5pm pacific time.

Scott Webster
Technical Sales Representative

Back