New rears....or a really cheap Physio?

Just going thru that change myself. I have just installed the progressive forks and went to a grade 7 oil instead of the grade 5 which they come out with. The front is now firmer and seems to like the corners better. Im waiting on my wilber shocks as we speak for the rear...expensive but well worth it im told.

118 kg here and I find my Progressive 444 to be very firm, in fact I'm at the softest setting with the HD Springs and I need to go with standard Springs in order to get more sag (softer).
These 444 shocks are NOT soft!

118 kg here and I find my Progressive 444 to be very firm, in fact I'm at the softest setting with the HD Springs and I need to go with standard Springs in order to get more sag (softer).
As long as they haven't 'bottomed out' and you're riding on the stops :eek::eek:

All that plus.... Progressives have a choice of "standard" springs, and the Heavy Duty springs, for the ah... heavier, riders/passengers. I went cheap and put the 412s on my Road King and they smooth out the bumpy roads way better than the stock HD shocks.

If you plan to sell those 444's after getting standard springs, let me know. Unless they are shorter than stock.

All that plus.... Progressives have a choice of "standard" springs, and the Heavy Duty springs, for the ah... heavier, riders/passengers. I went cheap and put the 412s on my Road King and they smooth out the bumpy roads way better than the stock HD shocks.

I had Progressive on my Kawasaki V2K and liked them a lot.
I wasn't sure which to get and there were no 444 at the time.
So, the first set of shockies I got for my 2012 R3R when new were the 412s.
IMHO - they sucked huge from a performance standpoint.
They were OK on the freeway, but in the twisties they would wallow.
They were especially bad when wicking it. Scary frame parts would drag an catch pavement.
Just sayin' . . .

If you plan to sell those 444's after getting standard springs, let me know. Unless they are shorter than stock.

Anthony,
They are the standard 12.5 inchers.
If I possessed more than a 29 inch inseam, I'd be running 13 inchers.
If I do replace and sell, it won't be until this next spring/summer.

Back