New rears....or a really cheap Physio?

Thunda

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional
Ride
Rocket Classic 08 & Harley 86 Sportster
I crawled off the new beast (Classic 08) a couple of nights back ....felt like I'd gone a couple of rounds with Ali! Yep... the standard rears need to go!

I ride two up and solo ...so I think Progressive shocks maybe too soft with a pillion? I'm about 82kg and have read that comfort shocks (which I believe come fitted to the R3T) offer good versatility? Any improvement is welcome for this old bloke....a set of pre loved units would be good, I live in the Mexican part of Australia.

By the way...thanks for the warm welcome to the forum as a newby. What those Harley guys said is not true!!!

Hi Thunda, have you checked out the previous threads on here. There are a couple of very recent (might still be active??) threads which give varying reviews and discussions on the various types and sizes for the different applications - size/weight/usage/sole/pillion/etc

I crawled off the new beast (Classic 08) a couple of nights back ....felt like I'd gone a couple of rounds with Ali! Yep... the standard rears need to go!
I am a firm believer in searching for locally made stuff. iirc somebody mentioned that YSS (aus) make an improved version of the standard YSS and you also have Gazi suspension. Once you sort the rear you'll almost certainly discover how shoddy the front is too. Might be worth considering doing both ends at once - matched.

I am a firm believer in searching for locally made stuff. iirc somebody mentioned that YSS (aus) make an improved version of the standard YSS and you also have Gazi suspension. Once you sort the rear you'll almost certainly discover how shoddy the front is too. Might be worth considering doing both ends at once - matched.

Yes agreed....this weekend I discovered how critical tyre pressure is! Cheers.

Hi Thunda, have you checked out the previous threads on here. There are a couple of very recent (might still be active??) threads which give varying reviews and discussions on the various types and sizes for the different applications - size/weight/usage/sole/pillion/etc

Some good reading, thanks.

Welcome Thunda from over the border in South Australia.
82kgs! You will have to put on another 20kgs to fit in around here.
I agree about the rear shocks. I am looking at the Gazi's from Queensland. If you give them a call they will work out the correct springs for you.
It seems the easiest way to.sort out the front end is to replace the springs (Ikon do a set that fit) and replace the fork oil with 7 weight oil in place of the 5 it comes standard with. There are better options but the cost is prohibitive. Enjoy the bike and the forum.

Welcome Thunda from over the border in South Australia.
82kgs! You will have to put on another 20kgs to fit in around here.
I agree about the rear shocks. I am looking at the Gazi's from Queensland. If you give them a call they will work out the correct springs for you.
It seems the easiest way to.sort out the front end is to replace the springs (Ikon do a set that fit) and replace the fork oil with 7 weight oil in place of the 5 it comes standard with. There are better options but the cost is prohibitive. Enjoy the bike and the forum.

Thanks Boony. Some pretty crappy weather here in Melb on Saturday, managed to go for a hoot yesturday....only got her on Monday! Wow....I am totally addicted. Had a pressure issue with my rear tyre, got that sorted... its true luv! Thanks for the heads up for getting her sprung right ;)

I have Wilber’s on one bike (firm and sporty) and progressives on another - progressives are softer for sure

I have Wilber’s on one bike (firm and sporty) and progressives on another - progressives are softer for sure

Thanks Mittzy, how do you find the Progressive shocks for two up riding?

Back