Which way to Go...

• TuneBOY

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • TuneECU

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • PC5

Votes: 17 42.5%

• Total voters
It doesn't seem like your Very happy. Does it give you a power increase that is worth the money? And can you say that it is maybe 30 or 40% better.
Just wondering.
Thanks, Kid

I'm completely happy with the PCV unit. I'm sure as time goes on I will become more educated about changing maps, making tweaks Etc. To quote a percentage of HP improvement, I would not even give it a try. You can feel a definite increase in power across the board, but a "Butt dyno" is a poor choice to make a HP increase guess with.

The Auto Tune works! The first test ride I did, I had forgotten to install the CAN BUS port termination plug. The Auto Tune unit was unable top talk to the PCV. I rode the bike again today and could feel the bike getting stronger in each gear as I rode it for a few miles. The tweaking the Auto Tune did also cured my backfiring through the intake on downshifts.

The Auto Tune works! The first test ride I did, I had forgotten to install the CAN BUS port termination plug. The Auto Tune unit was unable top talk to the PCV. I rode the bike again today and could feel the bike getting stronger in each gear as I rode it for a few miles. The tweaking the Auto Tune did also cured my backfiring through the intake on downshifts.

+1 on that observation and the fact that with the PCV w/autotune now I do not have to add $250 for a dyno to every mod that I decide to do in the future.

Power Commander 5

PC5 + AT
Im running an advanced tune map that would normally be too rich for my present setup

PCv +AT has cleaned up the setting and it runs Great :D

All I have to do now is add the tripples and Cat elimiator pipe and let it re ajust the AFR :)
Hopefully I will have the parts next week..

The modules seem to be working really well, very smooth and responsive..

PC5 + AT
Im running an advanced tune map that would normally be too rich for my present setup

PCv +AT has cleaned up the setting and it runs Great :D

All I have to do now is add the tripples and Cat elimiator pipe and let it re ajust the AFR :)
Hopefully I will have the parts next week..

The modules seem to be working really well, very smooth and responsive..

I remember we're saying you were going back to the std mufflers before if you intend to keep using them with your triples a cat delete I haver a tune that was made for that set up but either way the PCV + AT will smooth it out for you over 2% throttle the IDK tune which I have will also be a little lean for when the AT has not cut in yet at below the 2% mark

I remember we're saying you were going back to the std mufflers before if you intend to keep using them with your triples a cat delete I haver a tune that was made for that set up but either way the PCV + AT will smooth it out for you over 2% throttle the IDK tune which I have will also be a little lean for when the AT has not cut in yet at below the 2% mark

I remember this too hanso, problem with IDK was the barking TORs at 2000 rpm at 5am in the morning.. drives me mad :mad: maybe I could adjust the settings under the 2% T/settings ?

I remember this too hanso, problem with IDK was the barking TORs at 2000 rpm at 5am in the morning.. drives me mad :mad: maybe I could adjust the settings under the 2% T/settings ?
No I think you might have misunderstood me the IDK tune WILL be good to run as a base if you are running the triples and stock mufflers with cat delete :)

No I think you might have misunderstood me the IDK tune WILL be good to run as a base if you are running the triples and stock mufflers with cat delete :)

Well Hans you could be right ;) ..back on the TORs with a custom tune in for some time now.. still a power freak at heart :cool:

So I just modified the AFR 0 to 4000 x 15% block from 1475 to 1450 same as the recommended TORs map... see how we go now above the 2% :D, WT map in the PCv and rechecked AT Can plug its OK..
Thanks for the reply :)

ED..
Well that seems to have fixed the problem..so far so good.. yaehh!!! :D

Back