lean or rich, maybe something else?

just a couple of things
if the gas tank is extra full it will put gas in the canister and it will run bad at idle till it has run for a while
i would make sure that the throttle cables has a little play in both directions.
i would spray springs and linkage to clean them (most of my troubles over the years) and then open them (wot) and let them fly shut a few times.
i am fairly sure that u can get the .5mm clearance w/o the ignition on. so if u r accurate on that i believe that u can then set the tps at .72 (with ign on) and be real close. now this may freak some people out because it is not by the book.i would definitely not mess with the idle screws and get it really messed up.

just a couple of things
if the gas tank is extra full it will put gas in the canister and it will run bad at idle till it has run for a while
i would make sure that the throttle cables has a little play in both directions.
i would spray springs and linkage to clean them (most of my troubles over the years) and then open them (wot) and let them fly shut a few times.
i am fairly sure that u can get the .5mm clearance w/o the ignition on. so if u r accurate on that i believe that u can then set the tps at .72 (with ign on) and be real close. now this may freak some people out because it is not by the book.i would definitely not mess with the idle screws and get it really messed up.

I'm off to see the Wizard . . . of WD40!

maybe i should not have said what i said
i should have said u can check the .5mm with the engine off
but the best way is to retract the idle stepper motor (with the tunecu) set the tps at .60 adjust the stepper motor (with ign on) till it reads .72 volts
mine has over 40000 miles and i seem to recall turning it about 1/2 turn to get it to the .72 volts.

So dynojet says the 2303 error is the crank sensor. I dug into that and found that one of the connectors had developed some corrosion on one of the connector blades. Contact cleaner and sandpaper and a file to clean things up. A bit of dielectric grease that I forgot to use during install. Test ride shows that the pcv is still losing sync with the cos.

Would someone be able to have a look at their pcv to see if the status light flashes fast red during an idle or plug in and see if the 2303 error appears? I can’t imagine my sensor is bad as the ECU sees it fine. I may be chasing nothing on this pcv error.

I did not get any mapping changes done. Trying to do one thing at a time so that I know what corrects it.

So dynojet says the 2303 error is the crank sensor. I dug into that and found that one of the connectors had developed some corrosion on one of the connector blades. Contact cleaner and sandpaper and a file to clean things up. A bit of dielectric grease that I forgot to use during install. Test ride shows that the pcv is still losing sync with the cos.

Would someone be able to have a look at their pcv to see if the status light flashes fast red during an idle or plug in and see if the 2303 error appears? I can’t imagine my sensor is bad as the ECU sees it fine. I may be chasing nothing on this pcv error.

I did not get any mapping changes done. Trying to do one thing at a time so that I know what corrects it.

Hey Rash have you had an answer to this? Just saw your post, pretty sure mine has a solid light. I will be working on my bike after wok today and will plug in and check for you if you should want? Let me know, anything else you want checked to?

Maybe this is related and maybe not.

I had my handlebars *all* apart as I was attempting to mount a set of riser blocks and got the wrong ones. So silly me I followed the directions as best I could figuring they were the type where one set of instructions covered multiple installation/models. Anyway.... throttle grip was all apart and I think I have it set correctly.

That said, what is the correct process for setting the throttle cable adjusters? I have it back where the free twist is about what it was prior to me messing with things.

So, before you had the handlebars apart, the bike was running ok without stalling ?

Back