TuneBoy Modified Tunes Talk

Brian,
I installed this tune last night and, while I haven't yet put a lot of miles on it, my initial response is that the decel popping is much better. There is still a bit of it, but I also don't mind some. My situation was especially bad since I was still running one of the old 4xxxx series tunes and going to the Staintune tune REALLY increased the popping. Your latest tune tames it way down.

I will post one that is a little richer that really quieted mine down. Thanks for the feedback.

BTW what kind of exhaust and intake set up do you have?

Thanks pig9r and Tom for a nother tune to play with.Tune boy should have you two guys on the pay roll as you seem to be a lot more concerned in getting different tunes out there for every one to use than him.
Tune boy was given the opportunity to dyno several different set ups last week(which would have definitely sold more of his product)but he did not take up the offer.

Looks like its up to you two boys to do all the tune boy stuff.(You should hit them for commission)as most of hes sales will be because of your efforts.

I rode with 8 different guys over two days,and 7 of them said they would buy the tune boy set up if they had there set up tunes there.(mad dogs,tors,tors and bypass pipe,cut open pipes and so on)

THANKS BOYS

At this stage I think its more PigMan and Dougl than me... slowly they are putting some stuff together.

Wayne may have rushed to market a little too early, I am sure he has lost some interest and probably sales because the "product" wasn't fully developed. Everyone had such high expectations for this and it just didn't happen :(.

If dynojet or similar company was to release such a product they would have a whole staff of engineers and tuners on the payroll working full time to trouble shoot and crank out tunes. However it is just Wayne and I think he also maintains a full time job, so this is merely a hobby for him. In today's technological age we all like plug and play, unfortunately Tuneboy is not and there is a long and steep learning curve. Just imagine the potential of Tuneboy if there was a entire staff to develop tunes, manuals etc. However, Tuneboy just gives us the ability to unlock the ECU the rest is going to be up to the user. I feel kind of like a 15 year old that has hired a hooker..... I know what I want to do and what the end result should be I just don't know the best way to get there with what I have.:confused:

Interesting Tuneboy analogy Pig9R..LOL

Wayne admits He's not in the business of creating tunes, just supporting Tuneboy itself, really just working the bugs out of the software. Creating tunes is solely up to us, but I'm not telling anyone anything new. I admire the few who have taken the initiative to use their Rockets as Guinea pigs, while solving the mysteries of Tuneboy.:) :)

Pigr can you keep these descriptions consistant when posting, makes it easier to follow what the hell your doing.... More and more guys with the tuneboy will be loading their tunes in here i imagine.

Pig9r said:
If dynojet or similar company was to release such a product they would have a whole staff of engineers and tuners on the payroll working full time to trouble shoot and crank out tunes. However it is just Wayne and I think he also maintains a full time job, so this is merely a hobby for him. In today's technological age we all like plug and play, unfortunately Tuneboy is not and there is a long and steep learning curve. Just imagine the potential of Tuneboy if there was a entire staff to develop tunes, manuals etc. However, Tuneboy just gives us the ability to unlock the ECU the rest is going to be up to the user. I feel kind of like a 15 year old that has hired a hooker..... I know what I want to do and what the end result should be I just don't know the best way to get there with what I have.:confused:

Just being able to open up the secondaries is worth the price.

Sure not a problem. I have posted these guidelines to keep things consistant. http://www.r3owners.net/showthread.php?t=282

Also don't be alarmed that if in a couple of days these two posts are in the tune talk thread. I would like to preserve this thread for tunes only in order to make it easier to sort through. Like you said hopefully there will be plenty of tunes posted here.

Back