TuneBoy Modified Tunes Talk

I have the under tank K&N mod and would like to go with a triple set up however I don't want to have to modify the bearclaw. Those unifilters are interesting and might be the way to go however I would have concerns about compressing them too much. I guess you could cut some off of the bottom so they aren't as squished. I also wonder if the engine could suck one of those into the intake if they get too compressed and don't flow well?

Anyway bring on the good tunes. I'm tired of the snap, crakle and popping!

I've seen plenty of these foam filters disintigrate with the gas fumes, heat and vibration. Do these Unifilters have another kind of filter element underneath the foam?

Whatever happened to the K&N filter setup specific for the Rocket?

I'd like to build a whole new intake plenum setup.. Really... none of this trips my trigger:D

Back to TuneBoy....

We tried something wierd on my bike with the Tuneboy and may have stumbled onto something. I am very certain no one is going to like it but first impressions with this mod is that it kicks ass. I want to run it for a bit and make a few changes maybe... I think I can get more out of it. Its getting to the point where this bike is getting to be a tad dangerous at low RPM's and speeds, I can spin the rear wheel at will, not good coming out of turns :D

Well... just my Franken Tune...:eek: and I really shouldn't post that... people will just freak out.

I don't know what the deal is but my wife keeps wanting me to do stuff and it really is starting to interfere with my play time :mad:... I wonder what happened to her boyfriend??

I have ridden Tom's bike and it appears to be the set up to go with right now, it's more of a "hybrid" set up. I have been in touch with DougL and it appears he has been making some headway. I am going to create my own tune with what he has found out and give it a go. I was hoping to get some dyno time however both of the dynos I have access to are down and the only other dynos around are dynojets at HD $tealer$ and I don't want that headache.

Something else I have been kicking around is welding another bung in the exhaust and adding a wide band O2 and A/F gauge to assist in tuning. Something like this http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lc1.php

This maybe the tune that bridges the gap between PCIII and Tuneboy as far as lean decelerating conditions are concerned. With much assistance from dougl and a data logger program created by Wayne at Tuneboy the areas that needed more fuel to eliminate decel popping were identified. It is just a small portion of the fuel maps so it is a lot smoother than previous attempts.

I added between 8% and 13% depending on the area of the map. I had a little gurgling and an occasional pop on long decel runs down hills below 2000 RPMS. This change has resulted in an overall reduction of about 95% of the popping on decel. I have ridden quite a few miles and under varying conditions with this tune. No flat spots and no jerky throttle response.

I will add more fuel tomorrow (between 10% and 15%) and test ride for a while and see if it totally eliminates it. I have to admit I like a little bit of a growl on decel though.

I would appreciate if others that have Tuneboy and popping issues could try this and let me know how it works.

The tune is in the Modified Tunes thread:
http://www.r3owners.net/showthread.php?p=2665#post2665

Back