TuneBoy Modified Tunes Talk

decel tune

Cool. I think that after a while, the popping came back a bit. Let me know if this happens with you.

dougl said:
You have to install the TuneEdit program to open and read these tune files. You can get the software free from the TuneBoy web site. Under "support", download TuneEdit version 3.00.10. You still need to buy the cable from Tuneboy to put a tune into your bike.

I got the cable last week and after eliminating some problems we could read the ECU #. I sent this information to Tuneboy and asked for further instructions to start with the download, but didn't get any response from them. Is there anything wrong with the process?

Tuneboy

Scholle said:
I got the cable last week and after eliminating some problems we could read the ECU #. I sent this information to Tuneboy and asked for further instructions to start with the download, but didn't get any response from them. Is there anything wrong with the process?

Maybe he's on vacation. Try e-mailing Wayne the ECU serial # again. Wayne should have sent you an e-mail with your "software key", a string of characters. This should happen within a day after you send him the ECU serial #. When you get the Key, follow the instructions in the TuneEdit manual under "getting started" on p. 11-12 below where you got the ECU serial #. You enter the Key in the Properties screen and save it. Once you save it, you can start downloading tunes.

put on my cat by pass from newr3, very clean and sounds great, but they are out of stock on the tune boy for 7 business days... guess i gotta wait....valkn you didn't get my tune boy did u ?
question on the tune boy.. when they mention applications and don't list cat removed but don't list the cat also do you assume they mean it is without cat ?

Good question. The descriptions for the currently available "tunes" could be more clear.
The question for me, which is holding me up from purchasing a TuneBoy, is whether a currently available tune(s) will solve my issues * with the very very modest modification; elimination of the stinking CAT-box.

*issues: 1. decel popping. 2. 1st / 2nd gear limits. 3. Rev limiter. 4. Open secondaries 100%

I can make a tune for you to try.

The custom tunes here are pretty well described.

Also I emailed Wayne from Tuneboy and he said in the next few days he will have Triumphs new stock tunes for the Rocket posted. The new tunes are supposed to address decel popping and potential idle issues.

Thanks Pig9r for your attention and certainly all your efforts.

I'm one who needs it spelled out plainly and most often in specifics.
The 20055 and 20056 tunes on the TuneBoy site mentions standard pipe without mention of the CAT. One might make an assumption here but you know where that can get you.
The .net link lists the 20055 and 20056 with "empty" cat... Again one could make an assumption here as well; and that might translate to a lot of extra work gutting the cat :D

Thanks for the clarification. I believe I can make a safe assumption now:bch:

Based on the latest price $410 USD, I assume you're now on the payroll. You deserve something for all your work.

Will we be able to load those new Triumph stock tunes into our bikes with the tuneboy? If we do... we will have to remodify them for certain equipment... won't we.

Back