transmission noise!!

I know..... Tell me about it. Hasn't been washed in a while.:whitstling:
Also I had just swept the garage.

Washed mine this morning after the ride the other week in the wet. Pipes look to have lost abit of their shine. I might have to get the polish out.

now that makes it soooo much easier!!I am going to the garage right now and check......
back inside the house , mystery solved ,,,thank you , BTW sharp eyes !!! I was looking around the side cover where all the relays are no wonder !! like the proverbial nose on the face it was staring at me all along
yep there is a couple clips along the throttle body that hold the cable up and tight. Your coming along quite well it won't be too long and it will be time to add oil and fire her up. :)

yep there is a couple clips along the throttle body that hold the cable up and tight. Your coming along quite well it won't be too long and it will be time to add oil and fire her up. :)

last call I hope just to be on the safe side , about the right side big threaded bolt that fit into the swing arm ,seems that it sticks out just a tad more than originally yet I believe I have reached the far end of the swing arm pivot where it touches the inner wall since I can no longer thread it in . after screwing the castellated ring around it ( to 100 NM) the big nut sticks out 3/8 of an inch from the edge of that ring does it seems ok to you??

Close up stepper motor plugged in.
DSC_0181.JPG
now that I see it of course it make sense!! was looking in the wrong place and the wrong kind of connectors DUHHH

last call I hope just to be on the safe side , about the right side big threaded bolt that fit into the swing arm ,seems that it sticks out just a tad more than originally yet I believe I have reached the far end of the swing arm pivot where it touches the inner wall since I can no longer thread it in . after screwing the castellated ring around it ( to 100 NM) the big nut sticks out 3/8 of an inch from the edge of that ring does it seems ok to you??
ON mine the flange of the bolt is 3/8 inch out and the top of the head of the bolt is about .975 inch out from the frame it looks like the head of the bolt is about .575 inch thick. so it sounds like yours and mine are about the same. I have 10,000 miles on mine since I took the engine out had no problems with the engine mounts.

Did you follow the procedure in the manual for tightening the motor mount bolts ?

Did you follow the procedure in the manual for tightening the motor mount bolts ?
ON mine the flange of the bolt is 3/8 inch out and the top of the head of the bolt is about .975 inch out from the frame it looks like the head of the bolt is about .575 inch thick. so it sounds like yours and mine are about the same. I have 10,000 miles on mine since I took the engine out had no problems with the engine mounts.
sound good enough for me ,everything is back together ( no spare nuts or washers)except for the throttle tube ..on order .. I busted it without even knowing it till I found the throttle totally limp.
should be made of of metal as this thing does look rather fragile

Back