transmission noise!!

Patrick The pic with you in it, The wheelbarrel you use to carry your balls around must be under the lift or somewhere out of sight! whew, I picked up the kit saturday and your thread is impressive! Fred and Scott, You guys are the best. personally not so sure if I will choose to do mine myself, no room in the garage and the missus would charge me a new kitchen to park my beast in the living room over the winter. and the whole process scares the crap out of me. I don't have a problem voicing my opinion to triumph corporate tho' if you want to share the email address maybe enough complaints will matter.

Patrick The pic with you in it, The wheelbarrel you use to carry your balls around must be under the lift or somewhere out of sight! whew, I picked up the kit saturday and your thread is impressive! Fred and Scott, You guys are the best. personally not so sure if I will choose to do mine myself, no room in the garage and the missus would charge me a new kitchen to park my beast in the living room over the winter. and the whole process scares the crap out of me. I don't have a problem voicing my opinion to triumph corporate tho' if you want to share the email address maybe enough complaints will matter.

Contacting Triumph
Triumph Motorcycles America
100 Hartsfield Centre Parkway, Suite 200
Atlanta, GA 30354
Main Telephone: (678) 854-2010

To speak with a Triumph Motorcycles customer service representative, please call (888) 284-6288. Representatives are available 24/7.

Triumph Media Relations
For inquiries from the press regarding editorial content, please contact:
Sam Bendall - sam.bendall@triumphmotorcycles.com
this is where I sent my comments regarding the poor PR job done on early R3

re taking the output shaft out is actually easier than expected if you decide to do it you have three or four people on this forum that can help you carrying it out and Jake Shaw has the tool to remove that big castled nut on the swing arm( which is still in my room as we write)

end of the saga!!........ I had the dealer hook up the beast to the computer and they found two minor cables snafu fixed them in 40 mn. I rode back home and that is when I realized how much I missed riding this bike .so everything is back to normal (whatever your normal is) the work to replace bearing is just working fine and I am going to the local pub to celebrate this milestone..
Jake if you read this I will mail your tool tomorrow since the test drive was OK

Can anyone tell me the bearing sizes for the torsional damper and if they are normal clearance or C3?
#5 T1270850 Bearing Torsional Damper SB
#12 T3801135 T3 BEARING BALL 45 X 75 X 16, Sealed

Ok so the two bearings

Bearing Torsional Damper # T1270850 which is a JESA W2 6305 RS single side seal 25 mm x 62 mm x 17. mm (made in United Kingdom) Seal is non metal
the rear bearing # T3801135 which is a KOYO 6009 RS double sided seals. 45mm x 75 mm x 16mm (made in Japan) Seal is non metal.

The seal # T3600068 made in the UK no name only numbers are 3600068 same as the part number it is a Oil seal 40 MM x 62 mm x 6 mm clockwise rotation.

Hope this helps. remember when you take yours apart the front one is most likely in backwards. Of course with all the metal in the sump you might not be able to tell. So when you install the front bearing the seal goes toward the rear of the bike which is towards the cover. The front bearing gets its oil from the passage that feeds the transmission shaft end bearing hence the seal on one side only. The rear bearing is now grease packed and double sealed where the original was single sealed and oiled by osmosis or shear luck of migration.

Back