Throttle Rocker

britman

Nitrous
Ride
2005 Rocket 3/2014 Moto Guzzi Touring
Cost around $8.00 from either Whitney or J&P. Allows you to rock the throttle with the palm of your hand. Going to give it a try today. Thought I would perhaps waste eight bucks before putting out allot more for a throttle lock system.

I haven't tried it with the Kury grips, but that thing is a life saver! I left mine at home when I rode to Sturgis last summer and had to buy one there because my wrist was so sore, I wasn't sure I would make it back home without one.. lol.

Be careful with those. I had one on my Speed Triple and it was very useful. When I bought the Rocket I transfered it over and encountered a surprising situation. I was leaving a stop sign and was just a little careless as I moved my hand on the throttle and "rocked" it just a little. The problem is that even at very small throttle openings the Rocket makes a bunch of horsepower and torque, I didn't expect the resulting lurch the bike made, and I almost lost my grip on the bars and the bike tried very hard to shoot out from under me. I took it off and it hangs on the wall to this day.

Last edited:
I had an issue with mine, It slid over the handlebar end weight.(Mine is of the hook and loop type). It kept the throttle from closing to full closed. The ECM read its setting of not quite closed and didn't like it. Caused hard starting & flooding. I love the throttle rocker but make sure it stays off the the end weight. I would think the Throttlemister and Komoda(sp) Throttle lock might could cause the same issues with friction on the grip.

Cheapest cruise control yet.

I believe I got into this before. I'm too cheap for a T'Meister and I finally got my vacuum pump so after Nashville, I'll have push button cruise, but for Nashville and relief of numb fingers, I took off the bar weight and slipped a neoprene washer 3/16" thick between the grip and the are end. That effectively cancels the return spring and makes the throttle almost neutral. Cost....15 cents.

It works

It might be ugly but it works. I have just used it riding back and forth to work so far. I like the feel. I can see how it would be relief hand fatigue on long hauls. You can also use to to scoop out your morning coffee for the percolator.

Back