What is the best throttle lock to buy

It is a big job with a lot of parts. The instructions were good. The most difficulty I had was adjusting the throttle. What I ended up doing was backing off both adjusters at the throttle, then equally tightening them until reaching the right amount of slack in the throttle. The other thing to be careful of is when lowering the tank, to make sure the throttle control cable that goes into the Cable Interface Unit does not get pinched by the tank.

It is a big job with a lot of parts. The instructions were good. The most difficulty I had was adjusting the throttle. What I ended up doing was backing off both adjusters at the throttle, then equally tightening them until reaching the right amount of slack in the throttle. The other thing to be careful of is when lowering the tank, to make sure the throttle control cable that goes into the Cable Interface Unit does not get pinched by the tank.
Good advice, thank you!

This it not my bike but I have the same set up with stock grips.
32308_474c145592583f5b62fb11a74687d3dc.jpg

BTW...I have mentioned this in another post, but with the BrakeAway you do have to turn down the shoulder of the grip to a flat surface. I believe it needs to be somewhere around 0.850 in diameter. This is the recommendation from maker. You may get by somehow without doing in but it works better if you do. I'm not sure if you need to do this with another aftermarket grip.

I did this to mine and I have done it for a few other people on the forum as well. Most have just have bought another grip for their bike and shipped it to me. I don't charge to do it, but shipping it back and forth does run $7.20 each way priority mail. You can do it yourself by spinning it on a properly position deep well socket fastened to a block of wood held against a belt sander. Done properly, it will be perfectly round and smooth yet with a nice gripping surface.

Attachments

• 20150220_134128.jpg
    20150220_134128.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 20150220_133910.jpg
    20150220_133910.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 20150220_133623.jpg
    20150220_133623.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 3
I just installed a BrakeAway throttle lock on my 2011 R3T and it works great. Very high quality and looks great. It took me about 20 minutes to install. Just be careful not to drop any of the small screws, they are hard to find and they do not include any extras in the package. I was able to find the one I dropped while trying to get it started in one of the holes.

Back