What is the best throttle lock to buy

Match clutch side bar weights. The Parts Giant listings with postage are cheaper for International buyers while the epartus listings are cheaper for US buyers.

US $80.99 free US postage

Approximately AU $108.61(including postage)
US $16.86 (approx. AU $22.61) Standard International Shipping |

Kuryakyn Cruise Assist Bar End Weight for Honda VT1300CXA Fury ABS 10-11 | eBay

upload_2017-5-5_13-29-17.png

My 2015 Rocket has an insert in the end of the handlebar, threaded for the original equipment bar ends. How do these Kuryakun fit?

As others have talked about, I like the throttlemiester. Very good quality machining. It has a drawback. When not in use, I turn it when I use the throttle. Not a big deal, but I'm constantly releasing it. Never caused me a safety issue. Ideally like the quality. 35,000 miles with it and no adjustments.

A wrist saver or whatever they are called and I really really like my Brake Away throttle lock. Absolutely the best solution short of electronic cruise control. I've used the old school plastic throttle locks and a Throttlemeister friction type bar end lock. Brake Away is leaps and bounds ahead of them all.

A wrist saver or whatever they are called and I really really like my Brake Away throttle lock. Absolutely the best solution short of electronic cruise control. I've used the old school plastic throttle locks and a Throttlemeister friction type bar end lock. Brake Away is leaps and bounds ahead of them all.
Is the tension adjustable? So it holds it but still easy to twist?

I have the MC Cruise Control and it is wonderful for long trips because it is a true cruise control. I maintains speed within 1-2 mph going up/down grades. If I weren't using that, I would use a Brake Away. Used one on a previous bike and it is the best I have tried of the throttle locks. The nice thing is that if you have to hit the brakes, once the hand brake begins to move, it releases its lock on the throttle. Just the thing in an emergency. You do not have to remember to do anything other than grab a handful of brake.

Is the tension adjustable? So it holds it but still easy to twist?

If you are asking about the BrakeAway the answer is yes. With mine in the locked position I can still tweak the throttle against the resistance. There are 4 small set screws located around a ring that are adjusted against a rubber insert. These are adjusted during the setup. If you tighten them in a little more the locking resistance becomes greater and vice versa. That is how you set how much it grips on the throttle grip shoulder when locked. Ideally you set it so it holds securely but can still be tweaked while locked. I have never had to readjust mine since I have installed it. It works great, can be manually engaged or disengaged and the automatic disengage when you grab the front brake lever is a must have feature in my opinion.

Break Away + a wrist rest. Had the locking the throttlemeister when accelerating. Tried the GoCruise but it did not provide enough tension to hold speed. Wish I had a true cruise control.

Back