What is the best throttle lock to buy

Laverada

2016 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster
Ride
2016 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster
Hey there everyone, I'm planning to do some long rides this year and as you know It can be nice to shake your hand out every once in a while. I'm looking for a good throttle lock that functions well anyone have any ideas?

Also looking for a front wind fairing if anyone knows of anything let me know please!

I use this one. Nearly any friction type will work. I don't have a full cruise control, some people do. I seldom use mine except for long straight stretches. When coupled with the Avon Air grips with a throttle boss I never have any hand issues.

Motorcycle throttle lock Universal

bob

I have both linked above and work the same but the Kaoko is a bit more subtle being a replacement bar weight type but this limits it to stock or grips with open ends. Many Kurakayin (ISO for eg) and other chrome dress up type will not easily facilitate its use. I have one but haven't used it yet but will shortly when I fit my Oxford heated grips which allow fitment of a bar weight plug. The Kaoko is from a South African company and readily available world wide but is four times the price. Many here swear by the similarly priced Throttlemeister version but the cheapest <$2 version is available with a few hardware shop parts and is also very neatly out of the way. Designed by a forum member and supplier of great custom parts Daryl Davis (aka @Sidecar Flip who owns and runs his business Flipmeisters Speciality Products Flipmeisters Specialty Products ).

Mentioned in a huge number of similar threads like this one Flipmeisters Rubber Washer Cruise

The link for the design and fitting instructions with pics is a sticky under the Custom Mods Forum

Installing the 50cent Flipmeister Throttle friction Lock

Last edited:
Hey there everyone, I'm planning to do some long rides this year and as you know It can be nice to shake your hand out every once in a while. I'm looking for a good throttle lock that functions well anyone have any ideas?

Also looking for a front wind fairing if anyone knows of anything let me know please!

What I've been using for 4 years!
Simple and easy!

Yes, throttlemeister! Not as gaudy as those caliper looking gadgets. Very easy to use & you can still back off the throttle while it's "locked in"

I have a throttlemister that is also a heavy bar end weight. It works great, and lime EasTexRIII, you can still back it off without releasing it. I will also put a little tension on it so I do not have to hold the throttle. That helps out a ton!

I have a throttlemister that is also a heavy bar end weight. It works great, and lime EasTexRIII, you can still back it off without releasing it. I will also put a little tension on it so I do not have to hold the throttle. That helps out a ton!

Yes, well explained

Back