What is the best throttle lock to buy

I installed the Break Away also. It’s temperament. Unless it’s really tightly adjusted it’ll slip ever so slowly. Mine was difficult to get it to sit parallel with the switch cluster, when I got it to work decent then button that’s activated by the brake level was too notchy and wouldn’t click off smoothly so I disconnected that part. All and all it’s still better than nothing. I’ve been messing with it for 5000 miles.

I installed the Break Away also. It’s temperament. Unless it’s really tightly adjusted it’ll slip ever so slowly. Mine was difficult to get it to sit parallel with the switch cluster, when I got it to work decent then button that’s activated by the brake level was too notchy and wouldn’t click off smoothly so I disconnected that part. All and all it’s still better than nothing. I’ve been messing with it for 5000 miles.

The brake away is all about getting it adjusted right. I put mine on about 12,000 miles ago I think and only had to fool with the adjustment once about a month after initially installing it. I did however trim the grip down some where the lock engages it, as have some others. Do a search on the forum and you should be able to find the thread that discusses that issue.

I just installed mine and it needs a little more adjustment, gradually allows slippage, it does take a very fine adjustment to get right.

I watched the youtube videos before I purchased one. Those show different diameters collars to use. Mine had different thickness of straight rubber pcs that insert into the collar and 4 set screws to adjust. I set the tension as I installed it and it works like it should. Time will tell if I have to adjust at a later point. The cancel portion when you pull the brake lever works flawlessly and so does the manual disengage.

Back