Yes, I think I'll prowl for a 2010 or newer Roadster. I joy-ride much more then I take long tips. I can always get a windshield and bungee-on a duffle bag.

YOU guys forgot about the better front forks on the Rockets and they are around 60lbs lighter than the R3T

How could I forget, when I didn't know ,however my "big" brother is 70lb heavier than me (285lb) 6ft 7in so all up 130lb heavier on my R3T than I would be on a Roadster, about the weight of a small pillion and I bet it would make F**** all difference to either bike,just saying :)

Yes, like Rosie O'Donnell losing 5 lbs...who would notice? :)

Last edited:
ITS around 70 LBS and thats makes a big difference in performance if thats important

70lbs on a 125cc bike yes,70lb on a 2300cc not so much , do you notice the difference in a 1600cc car if you have a 180lb passenger NO! just turn the wick up slightly,I don't really notice much difference in "performance"with my 112lb princess as pillion, on the Semi empty or 30tonnes that's a difference you notice

I got my ram air and new tune just as the rainy season hit here. The mature safety part of my mind says wait till spring when it's warm and dry.... The teen age motor head speed demon says Yahoo what are we waiting for...

Everything else being equal weight and aerodynamics will affect performance and these R3's have so much more torque than they need i would like to see a derestricted r3t side by side. I started riding with a guy this summer and he always beats me off the line on his 2013 r3t (i have to baby my tranny til I hit 3rd gear)but once I power thru 3rd and hit 4th race is over. His bike is fitted with triumph tors and tune and I don't how triumphs tune compares to powertrips. I'm 5'7" 160 he's 6'1" 220.

Everything else being equal weight and aerodynamics will affect performance and these R3's have so much more torque than they need i would like to see a derestricted r3t side by side. I started riding with a guy this summer and he always beats me off the line on his 2013 r3t (i have to baby my tranny til I hit 3rd gear)but once I power thru 3rd and hit 4th race is over. His bike is fitted with triumph tors and tune and I don't how triumphs tune compares to powertrips. I'm 5'7" 160 he's 6'1" 220.

The triumph tune sucks, I changed it to a hanso after two weeks big difference bike runs much better and reves higher and throttle feels more responsive faster and better all the way around.

My brother from another mother might like this tune if it din't affect warranty of which he has another 16 months.

Back