On the same thread powertripp posted dyno results from all 3 Rockets and the standard produced the most power in stock form and I think it's the massive pipes on the roadster that hold it back. besides they're just to big anyhow! got to replace those pipes.

I like the windscreen and hard bags on the Touring model, but didn't want to permanently give up the power of the Std and Roadster. As long as the compression ratios and all are the same, it's just a matter of changing the exhaust, intake, and tune.

Last edited:
just my opinion. you might consider the wide tire on the standard/classic if you are going to be increasing the power. the thinner tire on the touring might be why they limit hp. the touring guys might be able to answer this better than me.

Yea, cams, pistons, heads, and compression are the same. The local sales mgr by me tried to tell me they were completely different engines and the frames are actually different so you might want to ask other R3t owners about high speed handling since that 30 extra hp is going to increase your top speed!

Yea, cams, pistons, heads, and compression are the same. The local sales mgr by me tried to tell me they were completely different engines and the frames are actually different so you might want to ask other R3t owners about high speed handling since that 30 extra hp is going to increase your top speed!

For me top speed or +160 was never my cup of tea , I only derestricted my Touring to gain 40+HP to get smoother lower gear running and a bit more overtaking power and acceleration , most of the 240kph stories are all p** and Wind ,I have ridden with these Walter Mittys all my riding days(49years) and it goes in one ear and out the other, even stock a Touring is enough bike to turn around and bite you if you are not careful, the 180 back tyre makes the Touring lighter to roll through the twisties and remember not so long ago a 180 section tyre was considered HUGE! :)

Yeah, the horsepower limitation on the rear tire had nothing to do with its width, it was because it was only H rated. Something I guess you should keep in mind if you anticipate extended periods of 130+ MPH riding.

The handling can get a bit squirly at speeds of 120 and above depending on tire wear, tire pressure, road condition, cross winds etc. That big screen and those bags don't make for the most aerodynamic package.

Yes, the 240mm tire is not for function. Choppers started the trent 10-12 years ago with 210, then 250...all the way to 330mm tires. Even the Gold Wing only uses a 180mm rear tire. BNig rubber increases drag and hinders handling, but they sure look cool :)

Yes, the 240mm tire is not for function. Choppers started the trent 10-12 years ago with 210, then 250...all the way to 330mm tires. Even the Gold Wing only uses a 180mm rear tire. BNig rubber increases drag and hinders handling, but they sure look cool :)

They do indeed look cool:cool: and fill up the back area nicely , I liked the look of my Suzuki C109RT with that 240 rear tyre , granted the Touring would look better from the rear with a fat tyre , but I love her anyway.:inlove

Supposedly they put the 180 on the Touring so they could fit the hard luggage a bit more inboard. Probably helps mileage a bit as well.

Last edited:
Supposedly they put the 180 on the Touring soi they could fit the hard luggage a bit more inboard. Probably helps mileage a bit as well.
YOU guys forgot about the better front forks on the Rockets and they are around 60lbs lighter than the R3T

Back