Biebs

.020 Over
Ride
2007 R3 Classic
Folks, other than the obvious hard bags, windshield and floorboards, I understand the Tourer has more low-end torque but less high-end HP. Are their elements of the motor that create this, or is is just a matter of tuning specs?

Assuming you're talking about the Touring and not the Tourer (which has the same specs as the Standard/Classic), yes its mainly tuning. There's probably a bit of loss in the slightly more restrictive exhaust of the Touring as well. Both tuning and exhaust limitations can be remedied.

Yes, 2009 Touring. I'd do the Cat eliminator and K&H intake, so should be able to get it up to accptable Rocket "Grunt" :)

Thanks

Had me going. I thought the question was actually about he difference between a standard Classic (rather than Standard/Classic) and the Classic Tourer (rather than the Touring).

Yes, 2009 Touring. I'd do the Cat eliminator and K&H intake, so should be able to get it up to accptable Rocket "Grunt" :)

Thanks

The cats on the R3T are located in the muffler housings. So, there is no 'cat eliminator'. And the drop in K&N replacement will yield very minimal results. Your best bet is a complete exhaust replacement, triple K&N's, and the appropriate tune. That will get you up to reasonable performance. For more, see Mr. Carpenter.

Yes, Bob could sure make a difference with the motor, for sure! :)

Optionally instead of triple K&N's which probably also means carving up the bear claw, there's the Ramair filter that fits under the claw.

Though frankly, all you have to do to a Touring to get it to work very very nicely is put in the derestricting tune by Power-tripp. That won't get it fully up to Roadster level of grunt but it's much closer. +30 horses and +10 in torque and the ability to rev cleanly to 6k is nice.

Croft, that would work nicely...just want to get it a bit less restricted.

Back