Insurance, full coverage vs liability..

mexican

Living Legend
Ride
2015 Rocket X
Yesterday when i got home from work my wife tells me that my insurance is expired on the Silverback:oops:
since all my vehicles are combined into one single payment i thought what in the world! I took the notice they sent me and went to the insurance office, i asked what happened and why mey insurance was expired. Coming to find out, when i purchased the bike they charged me for the entire 6 months in a separate policy, i demanded that it would be put together with the rest of my vehicles!!! The agent said ok, but you will need to pay the first month in advance, which i agreed, he went and got the paperwork from the printer and he asked me for the money for the first month, which is for liability only i almost laughed when he told me the amount of money required!!! $8.00!!!!, yes, eight one dollar bills:roll:, i asked him how much i was paying every 6 months, he said $48 dollars! for a 240 hp monster! Not bad at all i think, how many of you are brave enough to just carry liability and how much do you pay? and if you have full coverage,, is it worth it and how much?

Yep, like you I have a heap of vehicles in one policy with Shannons. I recently checked and added my old bomb s/wagon's 'liability only' to my insurance for just Au$16.20 (US$11.30) a month and cancelled the others not in use.

I had just just kept renewing a full coverage for over 10 years on my other sedans/bikes for over a Au$1000 a year and most of the time they were not even registered or being driven!
My fault .. I know insurance companies rely on customer apathy and from now on I'll just insure the ones I am using!

The fellow on the phone was very helpful and said yeah just ring us and activate or delete as you like on a monthly payment basis as they already have all the vehicle details.

WOW... I'm about to look for a new insurance company. Sad really. I've been with State Farm for over 34 years but in my current terminal leave/transient living situation, they have become an obstacle. An expensive one at that.
-MIG

Yesterday when i got home from work my wife tells me that my insurance is expired on the Silverback:oops:
since all my vehicles are combined into one single payment i thought what in the world! I took the notice they sent me and went to the insurance office, i asked what happened and why mey insurance was expired. Coming to find out, when i purchased the bike they charged me for the entire 6 months in a separate policy, i demanded that it would be put together with the rest of my vehicles!!! The agent said ok, but you will need to pay the first month in advance, which i agreed, he went and got the paperwork from the printer and he asked me for the money for the first month, which is for liability only i almost laughed when he told me the amount of money required!!! $8.00!!!!, yes, eight one dollar bills:roll:, i asked him how much i was paying every 6 months, he said $48 dollars! for a 240 hp monster! Not bad at all i think, how many of you are brave enough to just carry liability and how much do you pay? and if you have full coverage,, is it worth it and how much?
My experience is when I had my wreck (years ago) GEICO after declaring the bike totaled paid me more than I think I could have sold the bike for at the time. Since I wasn't able to work for months the money paid helped get me through till I was back at work. I now not only carry full coverage but have a medical rider as well. Six days in the hospital for a broken leg got me a bill for $70K which I settled for $12k only because I happened to go to a not for profit hospital that was open to negotiation.

WOW... I'm about to look for a new insurance company. Sad really. I've been with State Farm for over 34 years but in my current terminal leave/transient living situation, they have become an obstacle. An expensive one at that.
-MIG
I have found through out the years that state Farm has reasonable prices for home Insurance only. I can't find anything cheaper. Their car and motorcycle insurance is outrages in my eyes (in California). I check every few years for motorcycle, car and home. I have Geico for my Rocket and California casualty for my two cars. State farm is way too high for cars and motorcycles even in a so called 'bundle'. Just my opinion.

I have found through out the years that state Farm has reasonable prices for home Insurance only. I can't find anything cheaper. Their car and motorcycle insurance is outrages in my eyes (in California). I check every few years for motorcycle, car and home. I have Geico for my Rocket and California casualty for my two cars. State farm is way too high for cars and motorcycles even in a so called 'bundle'. Just my opinion.
Yes. They have taken care of me well over the years (until recently)... which is why I stayed... but my monthly insurance bill is more than some folks' car payment (full coverage on thee bikes, a car and a truck). The best thing I could have done several years ago is peel my classic car and trailer from the grips of State Farm and go with Hagerty.
-MIG

Odly enough, State farm is my insurance company:D

state farm has ripped me every time i dealt with them
i call them a half a banana company for example u have a good bumper and it is crunched so they will give u another bumper and because they say it is better now and want u to pay half. and they look you right in the eye when they say this.
been screwed by state farm about 4 times.
one of these days i hope to return the favor

I've used both Progressive, and now Geico. Around $500 for 5 or 6 bikes, I think I have full coverage

state farm has ripped me every time i dealt with them
i call them a half a banana company for example u have a good bumper and it is crunched so they will give u another bumper and because they say it is better now and want u to pay half. and they look you right in the eye when they say this.
been screwed by state farm about 4 times.
one of these days i hope to return the favor
State Farm screwed me on a claim 20 years ago, they're dead to me forever. Progressive was super good on any claims, I had one on a bike, and the wife, well, her hobby is crashing cars.🙄

Back