Insurance, full coverage vs liability..

Odly enough, State farm is my insurance company:D
I have had zero problem with them and have only filed one claim 25 years ago. As far as cars and motorcycles they were just too high including the "bundle'. They are paying the QB for the Chiefs and Packers big time money as spokes people so I'm sure the rates will be going up soon. I found out around 20 years ago some Insurance companies don't like motorcycles and that's why they will insure them but at an extremely high rate. Cal Casualty wanted 3 times what Geico charges me for my Rockets although my two Lexus's are relatively cheap to insure with them. Shop around I say. :thumbsup:

@mexican your timing is kinda spooky. I just emailed my agent (Progressive) to ask her about possibly going to just liability on the 2011 Roadster with almost 80,000 miles. I have full coverage now, but wondered how little they would pay on that bike.

This thought process started with “if I were to get a 2020 Rocket how much more would that be?” Save me….

@mexican your timing is kinda spooky. I just emailed my agent (Progressive) to ask her about possibly going to just liability on the 2011 Roadster with almost 80,000 miles. I have full coverage now, but wondered how little they would pay on that bike.

This thought process started with “if I were to get a 2020 Rocket how much more would that be?” Save me….
The only bikes with full cover that i have is the Spyder and the 2020 BMW, all the others have liability, if i wreck one i just ride the next one:)

state farm has ripped me every time i dealt with them
i call them a half a banana company for example u have a good bumper and it is crunched so they will give u another bumper and because they say it is better now and want u to pay half. and they look you right in the eye when they say this.
been screwed by state farm about 4 times.
one of these days i hope to return the favor
Thats called betterment. Betterment should only apply if you had previous unrelated damage. Insurance owes to put you back to where you were prior to the loss so if you had a dented bumper and they estimate to replace it with a non dented one you are better off than where you were.

I have had zero problem with them and have only filed one claim 25 years ago. As far as cars and motorcycles they were just too high including the "bundle'. They are paying the QB for the Chiefs and Packers big time money as spokes people so I'm sure the rates will be going up soon. I found out around 20 years ago some Insurance companies don't like motorcycles and that's why they will insure them but at an extremely high rate. Cal Casualty wanted 3 times what Geico charges me for my Rockets although my two Lexus's are relatively cheap to insure with them. Shop around I say. :thumbsup:
State Farm has been GREAT on claims over the past 34 years. My issues are they are not as military friendly and I've had to jump through hoops on several occasions as we've moved around the world. Now that I'm retiring (effective 1 Jan) and on terminal leave, Florida is giving me crap for no longer being in the state (though I'm "Officially" stationed there, still report to my boss, and could be recalled through 31 Dec) and Arizona... where we are living temporarily to help my in-laws (timing was perfect for them for us to help) won't transfer my policy because I haven't transferred my vehicle tags yet. Primary reason is I won't know until sometime between Feb and March where we're gong to live (Arizona, Nevada or possibly Texas). USAA understands these issues and is not only going to take care of us, but I've been able to increase our coverage (to what it was before we moved to Miami) for half the premium. Funny thing is, I never switched to USAA previously (years ago...) because we have always carried full coverage and every time I checked they would not do so for vehicles that were more than 10 years old... and also I thought loyalty might account for something when the chips were not in your favor.
-MIG

state farm has ripped me every time i dealt with them
i call them a half a banana company for example u have a good bumper and it is crunched so they will give u another bumper and because they say it is better now and want u to pay half. and they look you right in the eye when they say this.
been screwed by state farm about 4 times.
one of these days i hope to return the favor
After a wind storm get your roof replaced then drop them.

Thats called betterment. Betterment should only apply if you had previous unrelated damage. Insurance owes to put you back to where you were prior to the loss so if you had a dented bumper and they estimate to replace it with a non dented one you are better off than where you were.
Not if you just wanted a functional bumper and/or your car back in same condition or value as such.
That is all they will give you for a total writeoff.
So @TURBO200R4 .......I'd ask them to ding it in the same place and hand it over free of extra charges or else you will have to do it yourself and invoice them minimum shop charge.
After all your a business too! ;):roll::roll:

Wind blow a 1/3 of my roof off had the whole thing replaced farmers sent me a check for $125 its not hard to giess what i told them.
Thanks for the mood lighting?;):roll::roll::roll:
1639919160788.png

So....., back to the original post... At what point does full coverage no longer make sense? I'm paying $378/year with Progressive for a 2011 Roadster with nearly 80k miles. It probably makes sense to keep it, but wonder what the "cash value" would prove to be.

Policy CoveragesAmount
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist $100,000 each person$300,000 each accident $59.00
Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury No Coverage $0.00
Uninsured Motorist Property Damage $50,000 each accident$100 deductible $3.00
Transport Trailer Physical Damage coverage No Coverage $0.00

Vehicle Coverages​

Physical damage option

Vehicle CoveragesAmount
2011 TRIUMPH ROCKET III
Actual Cash Value

Disappearing Deductibles

Vehicle CoveragesAmount
2011 TRIUMPH ROCKET III
Selected