Speedometer reading 3 mph over. Any way to calibrate?

The real answer:

TuneECU, set Speedo to -5%. Done.

Alternate method:
Buy a Bridgestone Emax 240/55R16, fit it. Done, speedo is exactly right now.

/SLAPS FACE... "new posts" thing owns me every time :p I believe there's a 200 wide tire that will achieve the same effect.

I seem to remember reading here or somewhere else that it's common for R3 speedometers readings to be off. I've suspected that mine was reading about 3 mph over since I bought the bike and I was able to confirm that it is doing that recently. It's no big problem and I can live with it but if there's a way to re-calibrate the speedometer, it's something I would probably do.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I do have TuneECU although I've never used it and I also have DealerTool which I have used to balance the throttle bodies and bleed the ABS system.
There is a product called SpeedoDRD. They make a unit for Triumph that plugs inline with the speed sensor. It’s an easy install but requires you to do some speed calculations to determine how much of a percentage increase or decrease is needed and then you set the microprocessor in the board to adjust the output to display the speed correctly. Mine works beautifully and now the speed is spot on.

Wow. I don't spend much time looking at the speedometer. Ride with traffic and keep the Harley's behind me. Nothing else matters.

There is a product called SpeedoDRD. They make a unit for Triumph that plugs inline with the speed sensor. It’s an easy install but requires you to do some speed calculations to determine how much of a percentage increase or decrease is needed and then you set the microprocessor in the board to adjust the output to display the speed correctly. Mine works beautifully and now the speed is spot on.
Yep them same easy calibration equations are just finding differential percentages. The directions even go over using a GPS and what you see on your gauge. So you do that hook it all up and spent 79 bucks give or take rather then doing the same math buying a 20 dollar cable and flashing your ecu. Oh and with that 20 dollar cable you can also do maintenance and your bike. No sir I'm afraid you bought a fancy cup of calibrated air!!!! Lord help ya when you figure out yhat as the tire wears the speedo accuracy reduces.

Well that’s unfortunate. I was told in the past that speed could not be adjusted through the ECU. So I started searching for other options. Doubly unfortunate because I have the cable and have a Hans0 tune in it now.

Back