Speedometer reading 3 mph over. Any way to calibrate?

ZoneIII

Supercharged
Ride
2015 Triumph Rocket III Touring
I seem to remember reading here or somewhere else that it's common for R3 speedometers readings to be off. I've suspected that mine was reading about 3 mph over since I bought the bike and I was able to confirm that it is doing that recently. It's no big problem and I can live with it but if there's a way to re-calibrate the speedometer, it's something I would probably do.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I do have TuneECU although I've never used it and I also have DealerTool which I have used to balance the throttle bodies and bleed the ABS system.

I seem to remember reading here or somewhere else that it's common for R3 speedometers readings to be off. I've suspected that mine was reading about 3 mph over since I bought the bike and I was able to confirm that it is doing that recently. It's no big problem and I can live with it but if there's a way to re-calibrate the speedometer, it's something I would probably do.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I do have TuneECU although I've never used it and I also have DealerTool which I have used to balance the throttle bodies and bleed the ABS system.
Not sure as motorcycle instruments are sealed. But even if you could, you might find that if you calibrate for say 60 to be accurate you will push the error to a different speed, eg you might find it then reads low at 40. But if it’s only out by 3, that is well within tolerance, way better than my car which reads about 10 kph high at 100kph.

I use Tune ECU for the throttle bodies. Never checked the speedometer just figured as long as the Harley's are in my rear view mirror i'm good. :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling:

Thank you, I was starting to wonder if my very good results with Dyna Beads over the nearly 50,000 miles I've put on them with my Harley were just my imagination....... considering the several less than positive comments I have received. Thanks again!

VR
Escondido, CA

PS Perhaps you and I suffer from the delusions caused by too much education in the scientific method of analysis. :)

PSS If I obsess too much longer over your Avatar I am going to go blind.
Bridgestone Exdra max?

Like that donkey riding Sonny, I found the 240/55R16 Exedra Max corrected my speedo.
It is now right on with my GPS and police radar.
Possible Rocket Roadster Tires.jpg

Last edited:
Back