Sloppy second(s)!?!

STRIPES

\\\STRIPES/// going to the HD shop.
Ride
06 R3 Std
I'm having problems getting a firm shift into second gear when the RPMs are up. It shifts fine under normal shifting conditions but when under strong power it kind of "rattles" and sometimes even misses going into second gear. Anybody else have similar problem or any knowledge of possible upgrade to keep this from happening?

When the front wheel comes down it is nice to have another slot ready.:D

i had the same problem dont know if your bike would qualify for the upgraded 2nd gear or not but what will help is after you set your front tire back down. hit the gas then shift. its hard to shift into second on a deccell if you think a bout it i bet thats when you are having most the problems you let off and try and shift. just wont work, keep it up and it will be in the shop:mad: and down for 2 months:eek:

its hard to shift into second on a deccell if you think a bout it i bet thats when you are having most the problems you let off and try and shift. just wont work, keep it up and it will be in the shop:mad: and down for 2 months:eek:

I wish that is what it is. I have experiemented and tried just raising the rpms with the clutch disengaged and shifting to second......no torque on tranny.... same "rattle" like the second gear dogs are trying to find a home.:(

Is there an upgrade I need to know about?

Thanks for the response.

was not thinking raise the rpms i meant actually accelerating the bike then shifting. but yeah the upgrade kit helps. anyone actually see those things!? upgraded ones have lots of slack. instead of a dog on each side of the gear spoke its only got one between each spoke.....lil loose if you ask me. but if they say it will hold ill put it to the test :evil:

Same issue here... I'm at a light and decide I'd like to leave the world behind me...

I get to 6500RPM, grab the clutch, up-shift to 2nd, and it doesn't engage. Now I'm still miles ahead of traffic but with no momentum.

So I pull the clutch in again, by this time I'm decelerating, not accelerating, the bike slams into 2nd and I'm on my way.

Doesn't happen all the time, I would say 3 out of 5 times. Very disappointed when it does.

Any ideas before I go to the shop and they tell me it's not a sport bike and to stop riding it like one.

NightRocket is right about the slack.
I had the upgrade done and the bike jerks on part throttle accel/decel between 1800-2500 rpm in the first 3 gears because of it.
But, it doesn't pop out of 2nd on hard acceleration anymore.

Bloody canadians three years behind the times:D stripes (ken) is still around so he will give you a more in depth response when he see's your response to his three year old thread.:D

Don't see how that helps those of us who didn't experience the problem 3 years ago. Considering the only explanation given was twiddle with your RRRRRRRRRRRPM's. I rolled my R's so you'd understand my accent.

I guess lastly, if you can't contribute to the conversation or topic, stay out of it. This forum is filled with a question, some good responses, then ultimately 3 pages of non-sense about which bike is better, who's done this and bragging about that. None of which actually helps the members of the forum get an answer they need.

You want to spatter **** on a wall and call it art, find another thread.

But as a polite Canadian, thanks for your input.

Back