Rocket TFC back at factory!

Bob Long

.020 Over
Ride
rocket TFC
Is anyone having problems with their new Rocket regarding key warnings and tyre pressure warnings? I am now on my 3rd loan bike, two provided by my dealer, and one this week provided by Triumph Hinkley, all because they can't fix my bike. I have just short of 5000miles on my Rocket TFC and during the last 14months, I have been plagued with key fob alarms. Doesn't seem much of a problem until it goes of and resets itself Avery few minutes, usually about an hour into the ride but sometimes straight away, although mostly after a few miles when everything has warmed up and settled down. When the warning is active you cannot read the dashboard without accepting the alarm. I find myself persistently re-setting all through my ride, just to able to use the dashboard features. Whilst the alarm is active or "un-accepted" you cannot complete many functions and quite frankly after £28k plus investment after extras, I'm quite disappointed that during a call last week with the factory, they told me they don't know how to fix it yet and they are sending me a replacement R3R oj Tuesday this week in exchange for the GT model I currently have on loan.
I am resisting demanding a refund as I wouldn't know what to buy in the same league but it may come to that although I'm hoping not. I have also had problems with the tyre pressure sensors, These decide to alarm and report low pressure at any time, usually when flying down the motorway in heavy traffic..........just what you want!
Please share if there are similar issues out there. I think it's the same electrics basically across all models of the new rocket and no major differences with the TFC.

Hi Bob - I had problems with the key fob - but only when in trouser pocket. When riding - my jacket was covering upper leg and after 10 mins or so - the warning light would illuminate. Now shifted to textile jacket pocket and so far (500 miles) no problem.

Is anyone having problems with their new Rocket regarding key warnings and tyre pressure warnings? I am now on my 3rd loan bike, two provided by my dealer, and one this week provided by Triumph Hinkley, all because they can't fix my bike. I have just short of 5000miles on my Rocket TFC and during the last 14months, I have been plagued with key fob alarms. Doesn't seem much of a problem until it goes of and resets itself Avery few minutes, usually about an hour into the ride but sometimes straight away, although mostly after a few miles when everything has warmed up and settled down. When the warning is active you cannot read the dashboard without accepting the alarm. I find myself persistently re-setting all through my ride, just to able to use the dashboard features. Whilst the alarm is active or "un-accepted" you cannot complete many functions and quite frankly after £28k plus investment after extras, I'm quite disappointed that during a call last week with the factory, they told me they don't know how to fix it yet and they are sending me a replacement R3R oj Tuesday this week in exchange for the GT model I currently have on loan.
I am resisting demanding a refund as I wouldn't know what to buy in the same league but it may come to that although I'm hoping not. I have also had problems with the tyre pressure sensors, These decide to alarm and report low pressure at any time, usually when flying down the motorway in heavy traffic..........just what you want!
Please share if there are similar issues out there. I think it's the same electrics basically across all models of the new rocket and no major differences with the TFC.
Hi,
Have a Black 2020 R same issues key proximity warning, service required symbols. Tri dealer in UK shock his head, said there was non known fix to the software, my bike has 1400 miles on it.
Surely Triumph tested these machines before release, dissatisfaction here also.

And this is why my 1981 Yamaha XS Special 1100 was my favorite bike. I put the key in and off I went. The only problem I had with it was starter issues 11 years in and it was an easy fix. Simplicity and reliability at it's finest. I shouldn't complain as my Rocket is mostly trouble free....so far.;)

Hi,
Have a Black 2020 R same issues key proximity warning, service required symbols. Tri dealer in UK shock his head, said there was non known fix to the software, my bike has 1400 miles on it.
Surely Triumph tested these machines before release, dissatisfaction here also.
Hi Rocketman, I have good news. My bike was examined by factory and has now been returned. They provided me with their own 3R while they had the bike and now I have it back. I've done over 600 miles since I had the bike back and pleased to report "no issues". I have heard on the jungle telegraph that the factory is happy about the result with mine, there will be a recall.

They haven't shared what was wrong but my money is on the communication system frequency split as I had trouble with key, tire pressure sensors, and occasionally Bluetooth. All issues seem to be resolved now and enjoying the ride instead of swearing at the ****ed thing!

Hi Rocketman, I have good news. My bike was examined by factory and has now been returned. They provided me with their own 3R while they had the bike and now I have it back. I've done over 600 miles since I had the bike back and pleased to report "no issues". I have heard on the jungle telegraph that the factory is happy about the result with mine, there will be a recall.

They haven't shared what was wrong but my money is on the communication system frequency split as I had trouble with key, tire pressure sensors, and occasionally Bluetooth. All issues seem to be resolved now and enjoying the ride instead of swearing at the ****ed thing!
Alas lost my key today, awful system bike keeps going until you stop then your stranded unless you carry 2 keys.
£ 200.00 to replace Triumph out of stock. Very disappointed in the whole experience.

Alas lost my key today, awful system bike keeps going until you stop then your stranded unless you carry 2 keys.
£ 200.00 to replace Triumph out of stock. Very disappointed in the whole experience.
Bummer. I almost ordered a second key fob in case. Decided to wear it on a neck lanyard instead. I carry a second key for the gas and seat.

Back